Sign in to follow this  
namelessmonster

Splotchy Textures & Trees missing

Is it just me, or are the textures rather questionable sometimes? Here are a couple examples about what I mean... Btw Graphics are set to the Max Settings and I have a RTX 2080 TI 

HClBHRi.png

2wQR4i4.png

• Upvote 1

Seems like the scenery is not being loaded in fully, or the satellite data is just bad in those places. If you pause over an area does it clear up after a small while?

It also looks to me like it could possibly be connections issues. Did you recently check your connection speed, and are you connected to your router via wifi or wire?

Edited by RustyFlyer

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

20 minutes ago, RustyFlyer said:

It also looks to me like it could possibly be connections issues. Did you recently check your connection speed, and are you connected to your router via wifi or wire?

26 minutes ago, RustyFlyer said:

Yeah I did check that, I had 114Mbps download and around 5Mbps Upload so I didn't think that was the issue o.o

B2ovVKYw_o.jpg

• Like 1

Coordinates so someone else can check it out?

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

I had this yesterday near Canyonlands, Utah. I thought it was a lack of satellite imagery, server problems? I haven't fired up the sim today. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

2 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

I had this yesterday near Canyonlands, Utah. I thought it was a lack of satellite imagery, server problems? I haven't fired up the sim today. 

Did it look as bad as this or worse? (First image is the scenery, 2nd is the location of the observation)

Ah5N0zw.png

eNFFwIN.png

For the most part it was smaller patches but looked the same. There were some big areas on the mountains. 

Edited by reignman40

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

this might help .Not to sure about the time zone differences 

• Like 2

PMDG_T7_sig.jpg

Ray Ellis       YSSY

2 minutes ago, VH-RAY said:

this might help .Not to sure about the time zone differences 

It's currently 1:22AM UTC September 2nd. It wouldn't have been between 7-8 UTC at the time I experienced it, but maybe the maintenance has something to do with it anyway. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Had a look at Bing maps and there is a lot of clouds and some snow cover near where you are and to the east.

John Cottreau

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Yeah, if there's a lot of clouds the area is just replaced with generic textures.

So it's just because of bad bing maps coverage, nothing to do with the sim.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1