Sign in to follow this  
Bandselect

What Worked to Cure CTD

I am running a 9700K, 1080 card, 32 GB ram but I find that the game CTD after about 10-15 minutes of flight...I was wondering what did the trick if you previously had experienced this with seemingly adequate software. I have adjusted the Page File size as recommended by the team.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Scott Robinson

3 minutes ago, Bandselect said:

I am running a 9700K, 1080 card, 32 GB ram but I find that the game CTD after about 10-15 minutes of flight...I was wondering what did the trick if you previously had experienced this with seemingly adequate software. I have adjusted the Page File size as recommended by the team.

Hi where was this recommendation to adjust page file, I do have 64 gb do may not even be necessary, I have had a few CTD but have not found a source, had a quiet a few blue screens on start up but it might be my new crappy adata nvme

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

In very heavy scenery the most i have seen memory usage was 18.5 with 32GB of ram that`s not a problem, and that`s in 4K ULTRA HD settings with live weather,  

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

44 minutes ago, Bandselect said:

So what is your adjusted Page File size now and what team you are referring to?

Thanks

Are you overclocking? What are your CPU and GPU temps?

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Hi - the Team was just the MSFS team...and the guidance on troubleshooting crashes...

The adjusted page files is Custom Initial size (MB) 12288 MB and Maximum size (MB) 32768,

Machine is ASUS board with slight overclock...I know MSFS recommends dialing back or eliminating.

GPU is not overclocked and I haven't monitored temps of the processor or video card...

I don't use any GPU overclock utilities (X1??) but will shutoff Windows Defender AV

Scott Robinson

I had a few CTD's and I figure out it was because of loosing USB connection. I have about a dozen USB devises hooked up.

I found an intermittent connection, and once that was eliminated. The CTD's stopped.

This is a documented bug and due to be fixed in this weeks update to MSFS.

I had noticed this in XP as well, but XP did not crash, the device just stopped working as an input.

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

28 minutes ago, 177B said:

I had a few CTD's and I figure out it was because of loosing USB connection. I have about a dozen USB devises hooked up.

I found an intermittent connection, and once that was eliminated. The CTD's stopped.

This is a documented bug and due to be fixed in this weeks update to MSFS.

I had noticed this in XP as well, but XP did not crash, the device just stopped working as an input.

Found this also, but oddly disconnecting everything, then only re-plugging CH stuff back after sim has flight loaded seems to work?

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.