Sign in to follow this  
Diegoval

Alabeo 310 Autopilot

Hi team!

Im struggling with the Alabeo C310R autopilot. Im unable to get it to couple to nav mode. It dosent matter if its on GPS or VOR mode. The only modes that im able to get it right its with the Alt hold, and the pitch hold mode. Im looking forward to look some tips on how to make this AP work, or im open to made a gauge change and add the Bendix AP of the default C172.

2 minutes ago, Diegoval said:

Hi team!

Im struggling with the Alabeo C310R autopilot. Im unable to get it to couple to nav mode. It dosent matter if its on GPS or VOR mode. The only modes that im able to get it right its with the Alt hold, and the pitch hold mode. Im looking forward to look some tips on how to make this AP work, or im open to made a gauge change and add the Bendix AP of the default C172.

Wow. I have failed to notice the Alabeo offering.  I have flown two versions of the MIlviz C310R since about 2012 and it is excellent.  Are you flying with default Alabeo gauges?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

6 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Wow. I have failed to notice the Alabeo offering.  I have flown two versions of the MIlviz C310R since about 2012 and it is excellent.  Are you flying with default Alabeo gauges?

Im flying with default gauges and the Fligh1 GTN750

58 minutes ago, Diegoval said:

Im flying with default gauges and the Fligh1 GTN750

Sorry I am not able to help you.  I fly the Milviz 310 Redux and have one instance of it installed with Reality XP GTN gauges and another instance with Reality GNS gauges.

image.png.196a025f37bf73a616a9bb1972c7f6cf.png

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

There are four steps you have to do to get the nav function to work in the Alabeo C310R. First step, on the autopilot, make sure the "AP ON" switch is turned on.  second step, Below the GPS is a row of switches, the center switch under the "AP" heading has "NAV1", "OFF" and "NAV2".  With this switch you can chose which nav radio controls the AP Nav function or have it off, select "NAV1" or "NAV2".  Third step, on the autopilot, turn the "NAV" switch on. Forth step, Push the ""PUSH HEADING NAV" knob located in the center of the autopilot in.  The autopilot will track the nav radio you selected in step 2.  I'm not a real world pilot, real world pilots may do this in a different order.  You may want to do steps 2,3,and 4 first and once everything is setup, turn on the AP. Hope this helps and if you need more help, let us know.

John Cottreau

• Like 1

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

44 minutes ago, johncott said:

There are four steps you have to do to get the nav function to work in the Alabeo C310R. First step, on the autopilot, make sure the "AP ON" switch is turned on.  second step, Below the GPS is a row of switches, the center switch under the "AP" heading has "NAV1", "OFF" and "NAV2".  With this switch you can chose which nav radio controls the AP Nav function or have it off, select "NAV1" or "NAV2".  Third step, on the autopilot, turn the "NAV" switch on. Forth step, Push the ""PUSH HEADING NAV" knob located in the center of the autopilot in.  The autopilot will track the nav radio you selected in step 2.  I'm not a real world pilot, real world pilots may do this in a different order.  You may want to do steps 2,3,and 4 first and once everything is setup, turn on the AP. Hope this helps and if you need more help, let us know.

John Cottreau

Hi Jhon,

Thank you so much, I have been doing all that except the "push" button on the AP knob. Is there any way also to make the AP fly the heading specified with the heading selector? Or we have to turn it manually with the knob?

Im just so used to the Garmin GFC 500 that this old AP is just driving me crazy 😝

11 minutes ago, Diegoval said:

Hi Jhon,

Thank you so much, I have been doing all that except the "push" button on the AP knob. Is there any way also to make the AP fly the heading specified with the heading selector? Or we have to turn it manually with the knob?

Im just so used to the Garmin GFC 500 that this old AP is just driving me crazy 😝

I’m thinking you leave the “HEADING NAV” button pushed in and turn off NAV switch on the AP. Haven’t flown this one in a while. Try it and if it doesn’t work let me know. 

John C.

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

On 9/1/2020 at 10:32 PM, johncott said:

I’m thinking you leave the “HEADING NAV” button pushed in and turn off NAV switch on the AP. Haven’t flown this one in a while. Try it and if it doesn’t work let me know. 

John C.

Hi Jhon,

I manage to get it working disbling the nav switch on the AP. But its a trial and error work, sometines i get it right sometimes not.

Diego Valdes