Sign in to follow this  
Los

New Appreciation for Non-US Aircraft

Since my beginning with MSFS 5.1, US made aircraft have been a mainstay.

So much so that with time I developed the habit of setting up a hangar with a trainer (152 or Tomahawk), a single engine  four-place (a 172 or PA-28), a high performance complex (a Bonanza or Mooney), a twin (Baron or Seneca), a turboprop twin (almost always a King Air), a biz jet (Learjet or Citation) and then a single aisle (737) and a wide body (777, 747, etc.).

It’s not until this version of the sim that I have really gotten an appreciation for the foreign airplanes. Especially the Diamond aircraft and the Daher TBM. I know all those types were available for all the prior versions, but I was stuck in a rut of my own making.

On the GA side those aircraft have it covered for me: DA20 (Trainer), DA40’s (Single), DA62 (Twin) and TBM (Turboprop)! If a Diamond DA50RG (HP COMPLEX) ever gets added I’ll have it all...

It’s like a changing of the guard the old staples of American built airplanes to more modern types.

So, at least for me, that’s another good point of FS20!

• Like 1

Lots of old peeps in and around here font to small can't read lol 

oh maybe that was the point haha 🙂 sorry not trying to derail the thread

Edited by SirDan

HA! I noticed that... 

I didn’t do anything different than usual! I’m no spring chicken maybe I didn’t see I had chosen a smaller font or something?

• Like 1

Try the Pipistrel Virus. It's my favorite GA plane I never knew existed until MSFS.  Great low and slow plane with a solid avionics package

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Couldn't agree more regarding the Pipistrel and the other "foreign" (to me) offerings. I love the Diamonds for their visibility. Having flown RW DA-20/40s, I will say that I thought the MSFS DV-20 was buggy the first few times I flew it. I couldn't figure out why the RPMs weren't dropping when reducing the power after takeoff. I didn't realize the Rotax engines on the DV-20 had a constant-speed prop. Very cool...

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 42" LG C3 OLED 4K TV/Monitor

2 hours ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Since my beginning with MSFS 5.1, US made aircraft have been a mainstay.

So much so that with time I developed the habit of setting up a hangar with a trainer (152 or Tomahawk), a single engine  four-place (a 172 or PA-28), a high performance complex (a Bonanza or Mooney), a twin (Baron or Seneca), a turboprop twin (almost always a King Air), a biz jet (Learjet or Citation) and then a single aisle (737) and a wide body (777, 747, etc.).

It’s not until this version of the sim that I have really gotten an appreciation for the foreign airplanes. Especially the Diamond aircraft and the Daher TBM. I know all those types were available for all the prior versions, but I was stuck in a rut of my own making.

On the GA side those aircraft have it covered for me: DA20 (Trainer), DA40’s (Single), DA62 (Twin) and TBM (Turboprop)! If a Diamond DA50RG (HP COMPLEX) ever gets added I’ll have it all...

It’s like a changing of the guard the old staples of American built airplanes to more modern types.

So, at least for me, that’s another good point of FS20!

I'm loving the Da-62, (issues and all) and am currently 18 stops into an around the Caribbean trip with her. She's a great all rounder.

• Like 1

Brendon Isaac

"ne pas sespendre les casques ici"  from my moldy and outdated understanding from my three years of high school French instruction thirty years ago: "don't hang the helmets here" ??  Has that been an issue?

Edited by ShawnG
  • Like 1

Yes I agree, good to have a nice mix of manufacturers.

I know it will take a while but I'm hoping also for some Russian and Ukrainian planes in this sim. Antonov AN-2, AN-12, AN-124 Tupolev TU-134, TU-154, TU-95MS, Sukhoi Superjet, Irkut MC-21 etc.

• Like 2