Sign in to follow this  
Guest mz-cd

My Answer

Guest mz-cd

Like almost everyone I was having a problem with fsx. Every time I loaded the sim and every time I changed views the scenery would "block" out in vived colours and everything froze for maybe 3/4 seconds.I tried every combination and permutation of every tweak published so far without any success.To keep the tale short this is what I did.In the system file of the control panel I changed the performance setting FROM "adust for best performance" TO "let windows choose whats best for my computer"(If you run the old style desk top display this will revert it to the new style)I also changed the page file to "system managed size"And it worked with one proviso the scenery still blocks on initial load but then runs fine,but I can live with that.I have flown differant A/C from differant airports including a 3rd party airport EGJJ Jersey (Tim Claton).I am averaging 20 FPS.NOTE- that the only other tweaks I have had to do are change the default xml to bak and have added FIBER_FRAME with a setting of 0.01.SYSTEMAMD Athlon 64 3200+ overclocked by 10%ASUS A8N-E MotherboardATi Radeon RX800 TD256E Graphics2 x Kingston 512 DDR memoryThese are the settings I am using at the momentFramerate locked at 25Global MinAnisotropic and A/A selectedLens flare NoLight bloom NoAdvanced animation NoAircraft Med HighSCENERYLOD Radius MaxMesh Complexity MaxMesh Resolution MaxTexture Resolution MaxWater Low 2.xLand Detail selectedScenery Complexity Extremely DenseAuto Gen. DenseGround shadows NoSpecial effects NoTRAFFICAirline 20 /G.A 20/ Airport vehicle LowRoad 20/ Ships and Ferries 12/ Leisure Boats 30Real World Weather. I am getting scenery visuals that are now worth looking at and the aircraft fly fly.I still have some other issues to sort out such as why can I not do an ILS landing but hey you can't even start if the sim don't fly. At least now I can "tinker".I am sure that I can further improve things with more tweaking but I do get a bit frustrated with loading times.Richard