Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Another Easy FSX Tweak

On my MS(Miserable System 2ghz 1gb ATI9800 128mb)when flying in full screen I gain 2 to 3 FPS by removing the menu at the top of the screen (ALT key depressed for a few seconds).Another 2-3 FPS can be found by turning off Sound (Q). 2-3 FPS is trivial when you are running over 40. However, if you are near 17 to 18 it really helps.Dick near 5G8

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest babua

Please do not be hurt by my sarcasm, its not intended for you. Sounds off, autogen off, more than half of everything gone. Isn't it better we simply shut the sim down.Check out vicinity around Mumbai airport (VABB)-the airport is pathetic (worse than fs2000 leave alone 2002 and 2004) and the big, very very big and dense autogen buildings will make population of mumbai around 120 million people in MS's "Living World" Most of India is abysmal-need I say that!I spent about $4000 to upgrade to a new PC and $90 for the sim. I would have gladly spent $900 on the sim and $3000 on hardware if MS had any sort of technical ability to produce a quality sim.On that little booklet that comes with the sim, I saw the last page...crdits are given to about 150 people!! Wow! atleast 150 people working for 3 years with a 20+ yr old product line and this is the best they could come up with? Taking a $100000 average salary thats about $50 million or at @70 a piece 700000 of FSX Deluxe copy!! Salary is cost to company not only the pay.

Guest FxF3

"I spent about $4000 to upgrade to a new PC and $90 for the sim. I would have gladly spent $900 on the sim and $3000 on hardware if MS had any sort of technical ability to produce a quality sim."Hi you should be able to run FSX very well on a $4000.00 computer. If not there has to be something wrong with the computer.

Guest babua

I should be able to run FSX well on a $4000 computer? Show me one computer available today which will give stutter free 30 fps on default settings around those cities without those dozen or so tweaks!! There is none available my friend. FSX runs more or less same on a P5 3.0 ghz 256 mb graphics card and 100 ghz numerous core 100 gb infinite SLI cards.FSX is like my obese grandmother. No matter whatever car I gift her, she drives at 40 mph. Period!!

Guest FxF3

1.Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 Conroe 2.93GHz $1000.00or Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 965 Presler 3.73GHz 2 x 2MB L2 Cache2.Any supported $300.00 Motherboard.3.4gb ram $600.004.XFX PVT71UZDL9 GeForce 7950GX2 1GB 512-bit $500.005.2 Creative SOUND BLASTER X-Fi Platinum 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card $400.006. Thermaltake Tai-Chi VB5001SNA Black/Silver Aluminum Extrusion ATX Full Tower Computer Case with liquid cooling system. $400.007.Hardrives $300.00There you go. Under $4000.00

Use something like Pricegrabber.com to find those components, and I bet you can build that PC for less than $3000....maybe even $2500.

Sorry, but I have already heard of folks with the X6800 Xtreme Core 2 Duo that STILL can't set the sliders above halfway.I can get at best with tweaks applied around 15fps in large town / city areas. We haven't even got to addons yet.I don't consider my PC to be the best, but it aint no slouch either!Glenn

Hi I understand your frustration but sometimes I've found good things coming out of problems. Why not try this flight with autogen off: Start at Half Moon Bay (California) with the ultralight. Climb or slew above the ridge and fly on the other side of the mountains at about 1800 - 2200 feet. Now look down at the beautiful (for me) scenery. For me this looks better than having autogen. It also gives you a major increase in smoothness and performance. There are other areas where having autogen off is better. On the other hand, when you come in for a landing it does look better if you do have autogen on.Hope this helps.

>I can get at best with tweaks applied around 15fps in large>town / city areas. We haven't even got to addons yet.>Interesting I get just slightly under 15 fps under this circumstances. Sliders average about middle.>I don't consider my PC to be the best, but it aint no slouch>either!>And my computer is a slouch compared to yours I thinkAMD 64 3200+1 Gb 400 MHz RAMNvidia 6600GT 256M DDR3

Guest FxF3

Maybe AMD single core cpu's do better with FSX. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/160150.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/160151.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/160152.jpgSorry if you can't get FSX to run for you.The Tweaks done I uped my cell count to 6000 on each autogenand set the fiber to .25 which works well for me.reduced clouds to 50% not sure if I even had to do that or not.Settings are 1st slider all the way right2nd Slider 65%3rd slider 38mm Mesh4th slider 2cm5th slider 2x low water.1st Autogen slider all the way right2nd Autogen normalTraffic 60% Heavy and GATraffic 15% Auto 5% Ships and boats.Now like I said if I was going to spend $4000.00 on a new computer FSX would run well.This is the Seattle airport you know the one where FSX is not supposed to run over 8 fps at.:-roll Well as you see it can and the 747 is about the same in looks as inside as the PMDG one

Guest Jimbofly

Sorry but you are full of bs. After playing FSX for about an hour with autogen at medium and scenery at medium and then playing FS9, FS9's graphics are no-where near as good.To say FSX does not have good graphics is absolute BS, subjectively or objectively it doesn't matter. Get off the drugs.James

>I can get at best with tweaks applied around 15fps in large>town / city areas. We haven't even got to addons yet.>I can get that, and I have a little less computer than you do.I'd like to think a Core 2 could get a little better frames than my San Diego core, but I guess not. ??RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest baksteen33

>>FSX is like my obese grandmother. No matter whatever car I gift her, she drives at 40 mph. Period!!<< This is the funniest FSX analogy I've seen to date. So thanks for putting a smile on my face, Santanu. Re the pricing comments, some are probably not aware of the Indian supertaxes... Kind regards Jaap

>On my MS(Miserable System 2ghz 1gb ATI9800 128mb)when flying>in full screen I gain 2 to 3 FPS by removing the menu at the>top of the screen (ALT key depressed for a few seconds).>>Another 2-3 FPS can be found by turning off Sound (Q). >>2-3 FPS is trivial when you are running over 40. However, if>you are near 17 to 18 it really helps.>>Dick near 5G8>It's even faster when turning of the video.Sorry, just could not resist.