Sign in to follow this  
SirDan

Patch Version 1.7.14.0

1 minute ago, JDWalley said:

See...?  For those complaining about the 333MB patch, evidence that Steam users are getting preferential treatment from MS: they get a 79GB patch instead.  Now, that's value! 🤣

That's sick.

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

45 minutes ago, trainplane3 said:

Two very different communities. Over there you have the young people complaining and over here you have the old people complaining. There's a nice middle ground with browsing both honestly.

Yeah but don't forget, that "other" forum is where they are holding the voting to set priority of patches from what's reported.  When I looked earlier.. winds aloft was NOT winning the vote, although it may be now...   so people should ignore that other forum at their  peril  if they have a specific issue they would like looked at as we don't know how they will turn the votes into priorities🙂

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Download to patch install took roughly 10 minutes. It seems to me that my fps actually dropped from 60+ to around 50+. Woe is me... 😉

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

38 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

sauce?

Heinz Tomato Ketchup 😁

• Like 1

Lawrence Hamilton

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own3_378x68.png

I'm also noticing a frame rate boost... circa 10 fps as well...  9900K @ 5Ghz 2080ti 4k.

I was finally able to fly around KMIA without hitting 18-20fps at dusk... now it's solid 30-35.

• Like 1

Enrique Vaamonde

3 hours ago, SirDan said:

as if 100+ developers are working on the simulator pfft we all know this is just a money grab , fly by night , EA title not going anywhere , it's just a scam , MS is hurting for money atm needs a boost

Please keep your "conspiracy theories" behind your tongue sir!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 minute ago, n4gix said:

Please keep your "conspiracy theories" behind your tongue sir!

Oh not my theory, just tossing out some tin foil hatter!  for a few that enjoy such thinking. Not my way thinking at all. 

I can `t believe my eyes! A miracle happened! Stuttering corrected by 80% For the first time in 20 years of my flights.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

simconnect works without stutters, but overall performance seems decreased. It seems more microstutters here and there than before (subjectively) 

I have the opposite experience.  seems smoother now and the wind turbulence issue seems better which could be my imagination but if the C172 analog gets any smoother, it really will be riding on rails.

• Like 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

1 hour ago, hangar said:

Using Spad? I have a saitek/logitech radio panel sitting here, but I've never used Spad before...is there some sort of config file I could download that would make it work in the sim...or is it the sort of thing where we all have to create our own profiles?

Yeah im using Spad.next. Just google it. you can try it for like 2 weeks for free, and then you can evaluate before you buy 🙂 I recommend it!

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 hour ago, hangar said:

Using Spad? I have a saitek/logitech radio panel sitting here, but I've never used Spad before...is there some sort of config file I could download that would make it work in the sim...or is it the sort of thing where we all have to create our own profiles?

Just download one of the default profiles from Connie, I think that's the way we write, just did some tweaking on wheel trim, and ready to fly😁. I've both instrument and radio panel. We also can edit the displays on radio panel for what you wish for

Edited by cteixeira
  • Like 1

1pc:WIN11/64, MSFS,PF3,TRacKir5,SPAD Next,FSUIPC 7,GSX
I7-12700KF/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/ASUS ROG 2070 SUPER OC/GEKOGS105/Alpha Flight Control/CH throttle,Ped/SAITEK InstR/Radio Panel
2pc:WIN10 LNM,remote text program,pf3 display

33 minutes ago, pvupilot said:

I sure hope these reports of smoother sim and higher FPS are true and not a placebo. 

There is an improvement. Won't put a number on it, but it's not a placebo.

• Like 5

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

The altitude-adjust knob is still completely missing from the Baron 58. Perhaps a third-party developer can begin the thousands of man-hours necessary to replace this missing knob.  

• Like 2

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

I noticed that the A320NX (modded version) was a bit funky during the first run. Ie, the apu page didn't show on the display. When restarting the sim, its working fine 🙂

I also wanted to check if the frameratefix for glass cockpit was overwritten by today's update, but I haven't gotten around to check yet. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

2 hours ago, SUNDR1V3R said:

50% of users here are complaining for this patch but keep in mind they release This patch just 3 weeks after launching the game..

Exactly. A quick reminder, to keep things in perspective:

- The original FSX was released October 13th 2006.

- Service Pack 1 came out on May 15h 2007, that is 7 MONTHS later!

- Service Pack 2 came out in December 2007, another 7 MONTHS later!

There's nothing to worry about, even if this patch might be a bit underwhelming, it has been only 15 days since MSFS came out, and if we wanted to be precise, it's has been only 11 *working* days.

• Like 17
  • Upvote 1