Sign in to follow this  
SirDan

Patch Version 1.7.14.0

5 minutes ago, flybius said:

After the patch installed, My weather toolbar option is greyed out and no longer available! This stays the case no matter how I change the data and live configurations (which were never changed to begin with)

That happened to me as well (787, saved flight). Next time i restarted the sim,  (albeit, different aircraft)  it was back again.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

14 hours ago, Farlis said:

Nope. Still the same. Currently flying in the Australian outback. 225/3...

In Europe everything is fine, just like before.

And why would it? It was not even on their acknowledged bugs list until today.

I did read the list of things thats this was aimed to but for some reason here in the US yesterday the weather was accurate in the area where i was but that only lasted a little Bit . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

15 hours ago, JDWalley said:

Exactly.  As someone who developed computer games in C/C++ (as a job, not a "hobby") from the 1980s through the 2000s, I can say I've seen such errors more times than I can count... Unless you have BigDee's Magical Mind-Reading Compiler, those won't generate any sort of compile error.

It`s OK. I was wrong mentioning a compile error (altough it happens in some cases). Sorry for that. I know thankfully when to use right operator. But in my experience, there were a lot of times, where the debugger in VS 2005 throwed warnings like "operator x intended?".

I have experienced errors that become more difficult to find, like concurrent running threads with access violations, register access or logic errors and so on. The basic syntax becomes second nature. Breakpoints in VS makes life easier.

And to stay on topic, what I have learned from programming, if there is a fault in a programm, it is the programmers fault, because the computer is running at billions of operations always doing things right and in the right order. That makes it so much interesting. Any errors are human made, FS has a ton of that.

It`s interesting to follow how things are moving with the serious jet add-on developers, but in the moment it looks bad.

Edited by BigDee

19 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

This patch is making my sim supersmooth! Love it! Love being on vatsim. Love having my logitech panels work. I'm super happy ❤️ 

Hello, did you connect the panels thru xml and if so, where do you place it in MSFS ? thanks

Alain from Montreal

• Like 1

As of late, my weather toolbar is still inactive... I read somewhere that this is due to a certain server that manages/replicates configs is unreachable by me... Too many moving parts!

3 hours ago, HighTowers said:

The patch was more than just install fixes. Its no placebo. My sim definitley running smoother. Not really much FPS increase but rather by the more important refresh latency. Before I had 30-40ms and now its running around 20ms.  This is enough to make a big difference.  Not much stutters.  I assume this must have to do with the active window fix and or simconnect.

I agree there was something in the patch that helped my smoothness tremendously.  I admittedly have low end equipment for FS 2020, but I am amazed at how much smoother things are now after the patch.  Running an i5-46900K, GTX970 & 32 GB Ram.  Pre-patch, I could get a reasonable experience with steam gages in general aircraft in rural areas and smaller cities like Omaha.  

After installing the patch, I couldn't believe how much better FS ran.  I can even fly jets now in places like Minneapolis and Omaha.  I have my frame rates locked by Nvidia at 30.  I haven't even turned on the FPS counter post patch.  Whatever it says is irrelevant at this point.  All that matters is I have a pretty smooth experience that looks pretty good, and and I didn't pre-patch. 

Edited by TonyB
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chuck Dreier said:

Just started with FS2020.  Do the patches install automatically or do I have to seek them out?

Rich Sennett

21 hours ago, DPSimulation said:

Is this a quiz?

I'll have a go and my answer is you. Surely you care if you took the time to reply?

Or, he's just one of those, who has to let the whole World know, that he doesn't care.

It's a strange phenomenon, that some people have this need.

• Like 2

🙂

19 hours ago, B777ER said:

Not in my book. Should've been done prior to release but tbf, likely MS marketing dictating that and they don't care as they got their bonuses.

nope released early to maximise sales while people have the money.  just my opinion to make the fluffies happy

14ppkc-6.png

My frames are good with no stutter, so the patch did nothing for me.  But there are serious issues in this sim that I never ever saw in FSX, did a flight from CYUL to CYYZ with the 787, taxi into position 6L and then the ATC forgot me, I took off 15 minutes later then he remembered me LOL.  Got to YYZ was assigned ILS23, bad news it's not in the FMC, so I requested a change to 24R.  The ATC assigns me 24R and sidestep 23, the plane basically fell out of the sky.  This is beyond bad.  Do I remove and re-install? or is this what we got?

Edited by canuk_22
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, canuk_22 said:

My frames are good with no stutter, so the patch did nothing for me.  But there are serious issues in this sim that I never ever saw in FSX, did a flight from CYUL to CYYZ with the 787, taxi into position 6L and then the ATC forgot me, I took off 15 minutes later then he remembered me LOL.  Got to YYZ was assigned ILS23, bad news it's not in the FMC, so I requested a change to 24R.  The ATC assigns me 24R and sidestep 23, the plane basically fell out of the sky.  This is beyond bad.  Do I remove and re-install? or is this what we got?

The AP on the planes is still quite buggy. I would recommend hand flying the approaches, it's more fun anyways. And honestly, turning off the ATC completely is also a good idea, since it gets confused often, and doesn't add anything in its current state, imo. Just follow your planned route.

• Like 2