Sign in to follow this  
SirDan

Patch Version 1.7.14.0

Haven't downloaded the patch yet but has it fixed the Sim from crashing when it starts to load with the blue bar at the bottom of screen

1 hour ago, amahran said:

Wouldn't it be a placebo if they said they fixed it and everyone "felt" like it was fixed?

It kinda feels like the literal opposite of a placebo: they didn't fix announce a fix but whatever they did made enough of a noticeable difference that users are noticing something 🤔

LMAO!!!

This just keeps getting better and better...!

Edited by Kilo60
  • Like 1

Chris Camp

Possibly, the patch has apparently added a lot of fixes for various Crashes and Installation issues.

Chris Camp

Well, All i can say is........

After update, Install and first flight set up. KCRQ (Home Club Base) to KPSP, twilight flight and well, It was....

AWESOME!!       I have my FPS locked at 30 thru Nvidia control panel. default High settings and display is 3840x2160 (Native)

50299388433_1752fffda9_o.png

Ed

Edited by Ed_S_Pilot
  • Like 8

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Neither did i, Im in and out of KCRQ or OCN. Club has aircraft at both locations.

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

4 hours ago, Funky D said:

Thankfully the sim doesn't crash anymore with my bluetooth keyboard, but it does hang for 15-30sec if the keyboard falls asleep and I press a key. I guess I'll take that over having to plug in my wired keyboard every time I want to use the sim, but still not ideal obviously.

cant you setup the keyboard so it does not fall asleep, or after a very long time only?

So is this the final patch that was suppose to release 9/3? Or will there be a bigger one out later today?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

10 hours ago, Paraffin said:

Plenty of texture and object pop-in near the plane,

This is really annoying. I dont know how to improve it... 

Otherwise the sim is very nice enjoying experience 

Roi Ben

Installed the patch for the Steam version. Now the sim won't respond to my Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog. The sim knows the peripherals are connected, just wont accept inputs.

Tried a clean install as recommended and still nothing. 

Should I delete all the files and folders and download the sim again from scratch?

Cheers,

Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

13 hours ago, BigDee said:

I am just doing programming C++ as hobby. If you don`t have enough ingenuity, try to image this most basic error code:

for(int i == 5; i<10; i++)
{;}

What do you think will happen? A compilation error. What would happen at while(i==5), a compilation warning. 

Some of us have decades of professional experience.

I guess you've never experimented with the for-loop syntax.  You can write some pretty sophisticated code in each section.  I once made a macro that expanded into a for loop that traversed a linked list.

The = is the assignment operator and changes the variable on the left side.  The == is the comparison operator and does not change the variable.  Coding the wrong one is a relatively common mistake and as you can imagine if you do the code might compile but won't work.  You may or may not get a warning depending on the compiler used and the warning level set.

Anecdote: I had an interesting experience once when I ran our C code through Unix, Borland and Microsoft compilers with maximum warnings set.  Once the code passed all three with no warnings, it ran perfectly with no other changes.  Probably a fluke. 😄 

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

The patch was more than just install fixes. Its no placebo. My sim definitley running smoother. Not really much FPS increase but rather by the more important refresh latency. Before I had 30-40ms and now its running around 20ms.  This is enough to make a big difference.  Not much stutters.  I assume this must have to do with the active window fix and or simconnect.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

After the patch installed, My weather toolbar option is greyed out and no longer available! This stays the case no matter how I change the data and live configurations (which were never changed to begin with)