Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Well for me anyway, FS9 rules, FSX waste of money

Even with my system I can't get the enjoyment out of FSX as I do with FS9. FSX has some nice features but the low frame rate, hesitations, lagginess that comes and goes, just plain sucks, and doesn't justify all the money wasted to make it work. The add-ons are going to suffer even more by lowering the frame rate further and driving the price up.How many hundreds or thousands of dollars have you spent?

Guest babua

Hey waldo thats exactly the system I've except I have a single 24" LCD monitor and run at 1900x1200 resolution. What frame rates are you getting. I get about 30 with tweaks everywhere except those big cities. Micro stutters are universal.

I really wonder what you will be saying (and all other moaners too) within a year or so... ;) Don't you? I'm already looking forward to october 2007, when all these topics will still be online: I'm sure we will have a great laugh about it all and after that start up another great flight in good old FS X. :)

Guest Fjorko

I don't want a sim only to run it properly in October 2007. I want to use it properly NOW !!!!It's bl@@dy shocking in terms of performance. some airports are worse than a Powerpoint slideshow !!! What have they been doing for the last 3 years ? Oh yeah, I forgot, they were on a "MISSION" to replace some hi res ground textures, made a sad attempt at making square moving blocks called vehicles follow a grey line they call roads ( NAVTEQ mapped roads even ) - and that's only the ground !!The weather seems to have gone from OK in the Demo to rubbish at RTM - like the previous poster said - the abrubt visibility changes are still there - now THAT really pi$$es me off !!!ATC = still the same old tosh.....See the pattern ?? Nothing usefull that really matters for a simulator have changed.What a waste of

RE: Well for me anyway, FS9 rules, FSX waste of money Waldo, With all due repect if you can't get FSX to run decently with your system I would suggest that: 1) You haven't tried any or all of the tweaks available. Here is a link for most of the tweaks all in one place. http://www.fox-fam.com/wordpress/?page_id=41 2) You have a serious problem with your system. If there is anything I can do to help you get it running I'll be glad to. Craig

Guest Water Mango

"1) You haven't tried any or all of the tweaks available."He shouldn't have to search countless threads for tweaks; the sim should work out the box. The tweaking requirement is BS when 90% of the target market doesn't visit these forums (or so it's been said)...

Guest captandy

I removed FSX off my newly built rig and I consider mine pretty up there when it comes to PC's.I currently have it OCed @ 3.0Ghz and FSX still is not worth my time.I cannot even bring FS9 to its knees with all sliders maxed and FPS set @ 27 I never go below 25 and that is with 7 layers of AS6.5 Cumulus,PMDG 747 VC,AI SMOOTH,RC4.0,FE,GE,FT,SIMFLYERS,CLOUD9,Flight Scenery and anything else I can throw at it. I love F9 with this new rig and it will be a long time b4 I even consider FSX again.Andy

Okay lets meet then. Could you please take a note of all phone assisted activations (FS-X and Vista) if any you had to do during that time. Also keep track of all the times you reinstalled and the time you used to install the needed tweaks and patches.I look forward hearing from you and will certainly listen to what tweaks and pacthes are the best. Maybe then I will buy a new Vista PC with a 2nd generation DX10 GPU and install FS-X. You will have spend all that time tweaking and waiting for patches and in the end I will have the beter performance for a smaller price.But please promise me... don't moan about that. You volunteerd for all that work.In the mean time I will be flying (FS9 and X-Plane 8). See ya!

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Your right! He shouldn't have to search countless threads for tweaks so I edited my initial response and provided him with one. The tweaking is not BS because you can take (2) identical machines and FSX will run differently on each. At least I'm trying to help the guy. What are you doing besides complaining. Craig

Guest Water Mango

"At least I'm trying to help the guy.What are you doing besides complaining."Your right... Here's my advice, wait a year and a half for FSX and stick with FS9 for now (the global warming deserts should be fixed by then)... :-)

>No wonder everyone here is disgusted with ACES !!Everyone...? You're really sure?It all just depends on what you expect and what makes you happy. I'm perfectly happy with FS X and I have a 3 year old PC (P4 3 HT, Radeon 9800 Pro, 1 Gb Ram). Yes, fps isn't high and so are a lot of settings, but still I'm actually having fun flying! I have to say though that I plan to buy a new computer next year and so I guess that shiny bright future makes me more happy than I'd be without that prospect. ;)

>>Your right... "You_Are right." Not "your right". :)>Here's my advice, wait a year and a half for FSX>and stick with FS9 for now (the global warming deserts should>be fixed by then)... :-)>If a person did not have GE Pro, or UT, other great addons, etc. with their FS9, would you *still* recommend they stick with FS9 for the time being? I am just curious about your opinion on that.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Water Mango

With all the add-ons available, 'Yes' (arguing hypotheticals is useless, the facts are the facts)... The whole point is FS9 does have the add-ons and FSX can barley perform default. You have no dusk lighting in FSX, you have no snow in key areas of the world that should have snow, you have deserts in way too many areas that should only have grasslands. You guys got tweaks in so many threads it give me a headache just thinking about it. Aces has a multi-million dollar budget yet there's no accountability being raised towards their direction. You guys aren't making a cent tweaking the heck out of a piece of software the Aces guys have made a pretty good salary produceing. It seems many in this community would rather hound hardware manufactures instead of the ones who created the actual software.The question is do you want to have fun or do you want to rack your brain in these forums??? Most people buy a title to use not search forums to get the software to run at the most basic level. FS9 with the default scenery is far less aggravating than FSX could ever be at this point. Why do you think Falcon4.0 is still popular right along side titles like 'Ace Combat Zero'???

>Okay lets meet then. Could you please take a note of all>phone assisted activations (FS-X and Vista) if any you had to>do during that time. Also keep track of all the times you>reinstalled and the time you used to install the needed tweaks>and patches.>>I look forward hearing from you and will certainly listen to>what tweaks and pacthes are the best. Maybe then I will buy a>new Vista PC with a 2nd generation DX10 GPU and install FS-X.>You will have spend all that time tweaking and waiting for>patches and in the end I will have the beter performance for a>smaller price.>>But please promise me... don't moan about that. You volunteerd>for all that work.>>In the mean time I will be flying (FS9 and X-Plane 8). See>ya!Fine, I live in Dallas, I'll PM my address so you can come down and I will show you that I installed the first time, no phone activation. I have 1 tweak, the autogen limit posted on Paul's blog, that's it and I am content with the performance and visuals I am getting for where I fly. Oh yeah, specs in my sig, not top of the line but it holds it's own. If and when I get Vista and if I have any problems (had them in the past with other games and programs, why should this be any different) I'll make sure to let you know also.I really feel for those that are dissapointed or are having problems, but stop moaning for the sake of moaning and stop assuming EVERYONE feels the same as you about the product, THEY DON'T! Enjoy FS9 and Xplane.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

re:"You guys got tweaks in so many threads it give me a headache" Apparently either you can't or won't read. Here are 99% of the tweaks at ONE site which I posted in my initial response. http://www.fox-fam.com/wordpress/?page_id=41 re:"You guys aren't making a cent tweaking" While you might not believe it there are actually forum members who would rather do something constructive with their time like trying the tweaks themselves (God forbid if you had to actually try something on your own machine; that might resemble work) and then trying to help other forum members. Apparently you are used to instant gratification. Craig