Sign in to follow this  
Oskar Speer

MSFS is not ready for advance A/C, yet.

I read posts on MSFS Forums where PMDG says that the new platform MSFS is not ready for advanced aircraft as PMDG, yet. Maybe it will be in 6 - 12 months. Has anyone heard anything more about this? It means we have to wait at least 6 month before PMDG and FSL present a decent aircraft = Not good.

3 minutes ago, Oskar Speer said:

I read posts on MSFS Forums where PMDG says that the new platform MSFS is not ready for advanced aircraft as PMDG, yet. 

Got a link?

Edited by snwboardn

Tyson Rose

Not a link but an excerpt of RSR's post

"2) We have stated very clearly that we do not anticipate being able to release a product in MSFS for 6-12 months post the release of MSFS. The platform simply isn't ready for products as complex as ours. We are working very well and very closely with Asobo and further cooperation and effort is definitely the rule of the day- but a release is some ways off still."

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

David Porrett

Well, the latest interview with Mathiis Koch (I never spell that name right) at Aerosoft said that the SDK wasn't finished now, and even though they hope to release their CRJ before the end of this year, they can't even do the more advanced stuff yet because they don't have (that part of the) sdk yet. So for RSR to say 6-12 months sounds pretty ok. If they are able to do it within 6 months I would be rather impressed given they don't even have all the tools yet. I bet that is the main logic behind the statement "the sim isnt ready". 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

2 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I bet that is the main logic behind the statement "the sim isnt ready". 

Yeah the context makes a big difference. "Sim isn't ready" makes it sound like there is underlying technical issues that need to be patched out, "SDK isn't ready" seems much less pessimistic. 

• Like 4

Tyson Rose

They are still working out the kinks in the WASM "sandbox". Until they do so the more complex graphics and maths required by high-level systems aren't available yet.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

14 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Not a link but an excerpt of RSR's post

"2) We have stated very clearly that we do not anticipate being able to release a product in MSFS for 6-12 months post the release of MSFS. The platform simply isn't ready for products as complex as ours. We are working very well and very closely with Asobo and further cooperation and effort is definitely the rule of the day- but a release is some ways off still."

Yes, this statement is what I talking about.

The CRJ before the end of the year looks promising. Just need one decent plane to tide me over for 6 months before others start showing up.

9 minutes ago, n4gix said:

They are still working out the kinks in the WASM "sandbox". Until they do so the more complex graphics and maths required by high-level systems aren't available yet.

Does WASM support threads? Maybe not.

Would be hard to simulate complex systems if you couldn't use threads, because presumably PMDG (etc) model each subsystem running in it's own thread.

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

2 minutes ago, PabloC said:

how can you blah blah on truncated quotes? why is it so difficult to cite your sources?

He probably plucked the quote from the official PMDG forums....  But yeah a link is good as well, for complete context.

Matthew S

n4gix can speak to this better than me, but going the Wasm route provides developers some 'protection' for the creative work since the code is compiled, versus using only XML coding which is readable by anyone.

Al