Sign in to follow this  
michal

Visibility bug still apparent.

Guest DC-9

Well, I can see the visibility bug is still apparent in FSX. Mt. Rainer is still blocked out on a clear day. In the real-world with a visibility of 20 miles, you should still be able to see it from BFI.

Guest DC-9

Yeah, I can't see it. In the real-world, Mt. Rainer is visible on a clear day in Seattle, even with a visibility of 20 miles. I don't know why, but they won't fix the visibility. It should be clearly visible like in the real-world.

Guest DC-9

Yeah, I've got most of my settings all the way up. Where is the display 'distant terrain' slider, or is it a setting I need to put in the .cfg file?

Guest DC-9

Oh, that's all the way to the right. I don't think this has to do with settings. It's just not visible with the lower visibility when in fact, it should be. It was the same way with FS9. From 50 miles away, you can see it in the real-world on a clear day, and that's with lower visibility. I just think they didn't change anything with the visibility to reflect how real haze acts.

Guest Logan826

Please explain. Where is this visibility setting ? I just went to custom settings and didn't see anything about visibility except in wx and that's set at 70. Thanks, Dan

Guest RonB49

According to Rand McNally, Mt Rainier is about 50 statute miles from KBFI so I wouldn't expect to see it with 20 Nm visibility. Now ATIS, ASOS, and other weather reporting systems seldom report visability accuratly unless it is quite limited. Otherwise they say something like "greater than 10 miles" here in South Texas and I believe they say "greater than 20 miles" in some locations. That can lead to some confusion. R-

Guest DC-9

Here's the thing... The mountain should be able to be seen on a clear day where ever you are around Seattle. I've even got photos of it when I was there, and the visibility was reported to be around 15 miles. There's something seriously wrong here.

I agree, wouldn't think 20 mile visability is the same as a clear day.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

>Here's the thing... The mountain should be able to be seen on>a clear day where ever you are around Seattle. I've even got>photos of it when I was there, and the visibility was reported>to be around 15 miles. There's something seriously wrong>here.There is something seriously wrong with your logic. How far is from downtown Seattle to the mountain: 30-40 miles. How then can it be visible with visibility 15-20 miles? The answer: it can't, lets not kid ourselves.Michael J.