Sign in to follow this  
vp49p3

ORBX P3dv4/5 Plans?

9 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

Can someone confirm that TE Florida includes actual detailed cities for the other four listed besides Miami (Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville and Fort Lauderdale)? I read the description in the Orbx website but was slightly confused. Also, should we expect this blend well with Latinvfr and Flytampa airports? I have the a True Earth Netherlands and had to uninstall it since it messes up my FT EHAM.

Cheers, Pete

I have LatinVFR MIA and FLL so am keen to see the outcome to this question. I am pretty confident they will blend nicely as TE scenery seems to work with other addons elsewhere. Have you checked over at the Orbx forum as my TE Netherlands and FT EHAM work fine? 

Ian S

38.jpg

If ORBX releases Asia OLC next year for P3D i will buy, In fact any OLC for P3D.

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

54 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Orbx TE Florida in P3D V5 with TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 enabled, 45 FPS with VRR enable (G-sync on) in Captain Sim's new 767 for P3D V5, very high graphics settings, working very well, looks considerably more detailed than MSFS.  Also performs considerably better in P3D V5 than in MSFS.  Job well done Orbx, glad P3D is still on their radar.

But there again, XP11 TE Florida looks equally as good as P3D and better than MSFS.  In fact, it's difficult to decide which looks better XP or P3D V5.

Orbx TE's are clearly a step better than default MSFS sat imagery ... sadly I don't think MSFS supports higher resolution terrain textures, you get what you get.

But as pointed out, no seasons with TE, just like MSFS no season.  But unlike MSFS, at least I have the option to run seasons in P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

Very carefully crafted words Rob 🙂 . I will leave it there.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

If ORBX releases Asia OLC next year for P3D i will buy, In fact any OLC for P3D.

Is Asia OLC potentially back on the table?? I thought Orbx had pretty much nixed this plan earlier this year.I think one of the last interviews JV gave was that Africa OLC was planned to be their last release for P3D and the subsequent community crowd funding effort on their forum was declined by Orbx.Do you have more recent news on this possibility happening for next year or was it more a hypothetical statement on OLC?

In general, the OLC products have been quite useful both from a performance and coverage perspective. I purchased them all.

The TE products for me are a little more discretionary depending upon what region is available and where I am flying. Some have really caught my eye and have bought them but others not.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

3 hours ago, aldridgem said:

Is Asia OLC potentially back on the table?? I thought Orbx had pretty much nixed this plan earlier this year.I think one of the last interviews JV gave was that Africa OLC was planned to be their last release for P3D and the subsequent community crowd funding effort on their forum was declined by Orbx.Do you have more recent news on this possibility happening for next year or was it more a hypothetical statement on OLC?

In general, the OLC products have been quite useful both from a performance and coverage perspective. I purchased them all.

The TE products for me are a little more discretionary depending upon what region is available and where I am flying. Some have really caught my eye and have bought them but others not.

That`s the problem with ORBX what they say one year and do the next is not always the same.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

OK, understood. Know where you are going.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 12:38 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

But as pointed out, no seasons with TE

That is a real shame. I know there was discussion about a year or so ago about having seasons in True Earth and I was really hopeful that this would happen. Maybe Orbx can use some technology like MSFS has to at least depict snow, which can look good. I know a snow depiction would not really matter for Florida, but maybe in the next year or so when they produce more True Earth products where it does snow. 

Maybe we will see TE seasons in the coming years. Could be a P3D v6 feature, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for this. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Has anybody heard a date for orbx PBI?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

On 9/7/2020 at 1:38 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Orbx TE's are clearly a step better than default MSFS sat imagery ... sadly I don't think MSFS supports higher resolution terrain textures, you get what you get.

They are both pretty low-res. MSFS covers up its poor resolution orthoscenery with a lot of trees! 

I've tried to upgrade the Orbx Florida ortho, but my provider isn't actually much better. I've got some 50cm per pixel Florida scenery I made a while back (and maybe some 25cm), will have to dig it out and try it - I think the TrueEarth objects will look great with a decent photoscenery base, v5 does do a great job of displaying orthoscenery. And to my eyes, the atmospheric haze you get with EA works just right with this type of scenery.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Orbx provide an option in the config to use higher res.

Cheers, Rob

I don't think that's right, Rob.

The X-plane TrueEarth regions were available in SD and HD versions, but that doesn't apply to the P3D versions (there was a detail pack for Washington, but that's it I think).

There's not option in Florida settings to do such as thing (which would involve downloading a new set of files) - in fact, Florida has no configuration options. At any rate, I've looked at all the ortho files that come with the package, and they're labelled "LOD15".

It's a shame, as the P3D engine can cope with a lot higher resolution that this. Whilst it's not hard to make you own ortho, it is a step to far for may consumers.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I can’t see a vast difference between winter and summer in Florida anyway. 

the TE products may not have seasons due to file size but the areas they have introduced are fairly temperate climates without extreme weather variations. You can also fly in wintery weather conditions. Yes of course it snows in The UK and there are seasonal leaf changes in many places but you can just as easily find a clear sunny day in winter too. I don’t find the seasonal thing a deal breaker 

Edited by Ian S

Ian S

38.jpg

True Earth Netherlands has 4 seasons....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

7 hours ago, GSalden said:

True Earth Netherlands has 4 seasons....

So it can be done?

Chris Camp

46 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

So it can be done?

Sure. But the Netherlands is a relatively small country.

And JV’s family is from there 😀

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On 9/2/2020 at 11:05 PM, vp49p3 said:

Anyinw hear if ORBX is planning to add more TrueEarth products for P3dv4/5, or do you think that from here on out their focus is MFS 2020?

What is the difference between their TE and their ordinary regions? Is TE better in any way ?