Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Thank you for boosting my sim Microsoft!!!

yfbLhEa.jpg

Thanks for today's patch, Asobo! We really appreciate it ❤️ My sim feels a lot smoother, and I get winds aloft yay! Here I am flying over the middle of India on my way to Thailand - on vatsim of course, and using my logitech panels. I'm a very happy camper! 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes
  • Like 20
  • Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Loads a little faster, not much, but just a little. Visuals better too.

• Like 2

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

What changed with visuals?  Anyone notice any FPS increases anywhere?  Particularly while in the cockpit in the airliners?  Would be nice not to need the refresh rate tweak for the glass cockpit displays.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Ever so slightly less jitter. Much better but not perfect.  USA still seems lacking in weather though. Koak reported 14knot wind altimiter 3006 . Got 3knots at 2992

5 minutes ago, UAL4life said:

Wait how do you get winds?

Yah, I don't think that has been fixed. Nor have there been any changes that would grant better performance except a small update for performance when using the ai aircraft labels/tags and for those using simconnect (stutters). I still experience the weather bug and no-wind situation in the USA.

Edited by KERNEL32
  • Like 1

Not all rainbows for me.

I have more stuttering and seemingly lower resolution PR at altitude, as well as a CTD right after landing and exiting to the main menu.

Live weather appears to have gotten worse as it had dense fog over both my departure and arrival airports ,CYYJ and KPWT respectively. Worse part is, it’s a perfectly clear sunny day over both.

👎👎

• Upvote 1

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

35 minutes ago, UAL4life said:

Wait how do you get winds?

They’ve just been broken in the USA. I get plenty of winds aloft in the Europe flights I’ve done but anything in the US has like 3kts if I’m lucky

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

54 minutes ago, flyinion said:

They’ve just been broken in the USA. I get plenty of winds aloft in the Europe flights I’ve done but anything in the US has like 3kts if I’m lucky

The problem is beyond just the US.  Have tested several airports and found inconsistencies in the surface winds throughout, generally they are slower than what the map shows when you start the flight (see link below).

Winds aloft does work in Europe and some other areas, but the surface wind sometimes is still off and doesn’t kick in until you get above 1500’ AGL.  Other areas, including the US, have a static 225/3 wind at the surface and upper altitudes.  In all cases, where the wind is strong, you can see it by the wave action, grass moving, etc., it just doesn’t affect the aircraft.  It’s almost as if there is some kind of bubble around the airplane.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/wind-testing-inconsistencies-throughout/240358

1 hour ago, pmanhart said:

Not all rainbows for me.

I have more stuttering and seemingly lower resolution PR at altitude, as well as a CTD right after landing and exiting to the main menu.

Live weather appears to have gotten worse as it had dense fog over both my departure and arrival airports ,CYYJ and KPWT respectively. Worse part is, it’s a perfectly clear sunny day over both.

👎👎

I think everyone needs to stop jumping to conclusions on the patch improving performance when nothing specific was listed in the patch as doing so...!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

9 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

I think everyone needs to stop jumping to conclusions on the patch improving performance when nothing specific was listed in the patch as doing so...!

I agree, I didn't expect any improvements in performance, just relaying my experience after patch installation.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

57 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

I wasn't expecting any performance improvements.  But it seems to me that main thread handling is better.  This is cutting down on my pauses when new scenery loads. My CPU utilization seems to be lower as well.