Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Thank you for boosting my sim Microsoft!!!

I looked at the list and didn’t see anything that would change my sim.. so haven’t rush to fire it up and update.

i will now tho

Edited by Iceman2

22 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

I wasn't expecting any performance improvements.  But it seems to me that main thread handling is better.  This is cutting down on my pauses when new scenery loads.

Indeed something was secretly fixed on new scenery loading (not cached).

6 minutes ago, Emerson67 said:

Indeed something was secretly fixed on new scenery loading (not cached).

It's possible MS made adjustments on the server side coincident with the update which is improving our perceptions.

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Early days, but also seem to be less plagued by stutters and have experienced a perceivable FPS boost when using the jets.
I have typically been running XMapsy and Navigraph Simlink in the background. 

I seemed to have lost my ability to do a MANUAL CACHE after the update.. its grayed out now with ROLLING CACHE on or off.

?

EDIT:  got it working the bing data world graphics and photogrammetry was turned off after updating.

Edited by Iceman2

11 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

the bing data world graphics and photogrammetry was turned off after updating.

Could this be a reason why some people notice better performance (while not noticing that this option got switched off)?

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

The good old Placebo effect in full swing!

• Like 4

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I've only done one fight since the patch.  I may have had slightly better frame rates, but I wasn't flying in complex terrain either.  Results are inconclusive.

The main difference is that I could run Little Navmap without stutters.

If they ever fix the winds aloft for the US, they'll do it on the server end and it won't require us to download a patch or update.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

16 hours ago, MarcG said:

The good old Placebo effect in full swing!

It’s certainly possible but I don’t think so. The stuttering for me had been quite perceivable to the point of being quite an annoyance. From what I’ve seen so far it seems to have disappeared for the most part. 

I’m assuming it had something to do with the optimisation with simconnect. 

28 minutes ago, BigWings said:

It’s certainly possible but I don’t think so. The stuttering for me had been quite perceivable to the point of being quite an annoyance. From what I’ve seen so far it seems to have disappeared for the most part. 

I’m assuming it had something to do with the optimisation with simconnect. 

Yeah based on the patch notes anyone using a Simconnect app or using the labels on traffic probably saw an improvement for sure.  It's still possible there is better performance due to other things getting fixed/tweaked as well in the background.  Sometimes things like that are left out of patch notes for whatever reason.  Maybe they didn't think there was an actual bug that users were noticing/etc. so so reason to advertise something as being fixed for example or it just straight up gets missed by whoever puts the patch notes together.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro