Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

Why is it a "demanding title"?

I have read elsewhere in this forum that FXs is a "demanding title" which will need some time for hardware to catch up to it. I also read that it is not "optimised" for either dual core CPU's or SLI.Given that SLI has been out for quite some time now (but I don't know how long dual core has been around) -- could somebody advise me just what it is about FSx ( compared to the facilities that FS9 has) that causes it to be so "demanding" For example, I know that the mesh has a higher resolution than FS9 - but I have installed high-res mesh in FS9 and it didn't appear to bother the sim). I also know that it has higher res ground textures - but I can't comment on those, not having seen them.I am not knocking the sim whatsoever as I have not seen it in action yet - but as a person thinking about upgrading my computer to what is available today (ie Dual core with 1 or 2 SLI cards, I am a bit confused as to what to do -- what is it about FSx that it requires hardware that doesn't seem to even exist yet?Thanks Barry

Check out some hardware forums likewww.guru3d.com or any overclocking type forum.There are many bright people there and some use FS9 and/or FSX.

Some possible reasons1. texture tiles are 1024x1024, not 256x2562. The VC is very detailed3. more fine mesh, as you mentionned4. land visual line-of-sight distance of mountains/tall buildings ,etc...is greatly increased "as visible"and other...