Sign in to follow this  
bcuomo

Patch problem, doesn't seem to want to install

So I got home from work and fired up the sim to install the patch.  I got a prompt to do an update, but it only downloaded 87 KB and then the sim started.  I've been reading in other threads that I should also be getting a 300 MB or so file, but I didn't.  I tried shutting down and restarting the sim, but now where it used to say that it was checking for updates, it is not anymore.  Has anyone else run into this issue?  Where does one check the version number in the sim?

Open MS Store and click on the first item in the list. That will launch the installer for the Update.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Okay, I just found out where to see the version number and it does say 1.7.14.0 even though I didn't see it download the larger file.  I opened up the MS store and the first thing on the list was MSFS, but when I click on it I only get a button that says "play."  I'm also a bit concerned that the sim doesn't say it's checking for updates at startup.  It only says, "Welcome, set your experience."  Did something get corrupted?