Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

Mic for VATSIM ?

To all,

I'm fairly new to VATSIM and I am after mic recommendations.  Ideally (for me) it would be >

1. an over the top of head type with only one ear pad with ear pad side capable of mounting Track IR5. 

2. prefer (USB or BT ?) wireless capable of configuring / assigning a PTT transmit button to my CH controllers via a keyboard key assignment. 

Anyone using anything like this or know who makes one of these ?

Best to all,

Ken B.

Ken Boardman

Sorry that I'm not an active VATSIM member yet, but I highly recommend any of the Razer headsets. I have a Razer Electra V2 (USB) that I use for all of my online gaming, and it holds my TrackIR Track-clip perfectly. Not sure if Razer still makes it, but if you get one of their wireframe headsets, it should work fine with the TrackIR. The mic is detachable (I never take mine off), just in case. And the mic quality is excellent, too!

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi

I don't know if this is any good for you but for realism I use a David Clark headset. I must admit it took a bit of work to get it working fully since I made my own supply and filter for the mic to work with a pc but now it is great. 

Image result for david clark headphones

Here is a photo of my unit. Below the headset is the control box for the headset. The 3 switches allow me to choose either my my main Pc or second pc for either the mic or speakers with a power switch on the right. If you are interested in more information let me know and I will post the circuit diagram here as well. I bought the headset on eBay second hand for around 100 Au dollars.

I also use a TrackIr that you can see is connected straight to the left hand side of the headset.

A54Nj9GJIGEGH9WK7ieOSF7JUKJf9ktJ-CDyudST

I use this which works well for me and 'looks the part'

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/tflight-us-air-force-edition