Sign in to follow this  
Reset XPDR

FSX for What Future Hardware?

Yes L.That's because you fly in the bush and I fly heavies. My flight take me from major city to major city. I never see the nuance of a mountainside because I am 35,000 feet above it and you don't have to contend with the 8fps trying to land at KLGA.Even you agree that you go back to FS9 for your heavy airport fix. So then FSX is relegated to GA duty and FS9 is relegated to Heavy duty (no pun intended). I don't think that was the intent. FSX then becomes a GA add-on that takes up 8GB of HD real estate.What happens when PMDG, LDS, CaptainSim, et al try to port their aircraft to FSX? Will I be relegated to flying to areas where my performance allows? If so, who would accept such a restriction?Don't get me wrong, the frustration also stems from the fact that I DO see whow beautiful FSX can be. But from my point of view, its like winning the lottery and losing your ticket on the way to the office to pick up your winnings! (I know, not another analogy!!!)

sheeesh. Its not bad programming. It runs poorly because of all the shader modeling used with DX10 in mind!

What shader modeling with DX10 in mind? DX10 uses Shader 4.0, FSX does not use Shader 4.0! FSX uses DX9 shaders made for DX9. DX10 has nothing to dow with FSX right now. It's been repeated ad nauseum by the Aces team, which is WHY they have to rewrite the code for DX10 in the future 'patch'.

Guest babua

It is abysmal coding when developers "discover" thread priority settings a week before launch!! The rest I need not say.

Man you guys are so stupid do you think m$ is really sitting there writing a bunch of jibberish code called FSX that wont use advantage of future hardware? Look at yourslef in the mirror and say to yourself this "I am an idiot"Now please go flame some other game that your computer cant handle, like solitaire

Guest FxF3

Nobody is stoping you from going on and on. Your just to blind to see others have found way's to enjoy the Sim. If you don't want the Sim take it back.Don't get all I'm trying to stop your free speech rights. You have the right to say anything the Mods here will allow you to say.

Guest keffenhunde

Gotta agree with Mike....Shader 4 is not an option...We are running Shader 2...why they didn't go to 3 is beyond me :( Not hard to do LOL..It will take an extensive rewrite of the code to use Shader 4 and me thinks it will be a band aid at best...But ask yourself this...Am I going to spend $4000 to get this freakin game to run? Or will I go fly FS9 or Xplane...Sorry but this is a joke...I'm in the same boat as a lot of people...I cannot fly into an airport at 8 fps...Any add on worth it's salt is going to cripple this sim.... MS should have realised this during beta...I can imagine there were many complaints about it..So for at least a year FSX will be relegated to GA and bush flying..not a bad thing as I do both..but it is still a let down for ALOT of people. To deny it or bash people because of their grievances is dead wrong...without these people nothing would get fixed...Larry

> Give the guy some slack!You know there are lots of zealots on here?----------------------------------------I'm not a beta tester, and I certainly don't wish to pay for the 'privilege'. Software should run smoothly on release ;)

I quote from the site you link to in the name of free speech:"Derechos Human Rights, for example, has published the Spanish version of the Urban Terrorism manual used at the US Army School of the Americas to teach foreign military. The manual contains information on how to make a car bomb."http://www.derechos.org/human-rights/speech/ Need I say more about your judgement?

Guest babua

> quote from the site you link to in the name of free speech:>"Derechos Human Rights, for example, has published the Spanish >version of the Urban Terrorism manual used at the US Army School of >the Americas to teach foreign military. The manual contains >information on how to make a car bomb.">http://www.derechos.org/human-rights/speech/ >Need I say more about your judgement? The world is full of good and bad things. I picked up the good one you decided to pick up the car bomb one. So much for your judgement!! Derechos wrote both, what we pick up is upto us...is'nt it?

Guest Tingoose

Mike T wrote"....To me, FSX is like having a beautiful picture window overlooking a picturesque lake, with mountains and deer prancing on the horizon, unfortunately someone seemed to have built a brick wall in front of the window and the pretty view is now obscured...."I couldn't have put it better myself. It seems to me that the bush flyers are enjoying FSX more than airline pilots. I really don't see me getting through that brick wall (or maybe it's a sheet of toughened glass),with a PMDG or an LDS, or god forbid a Captain Sim B757. What a shame for all you truly dedicated long time sim fans the FSX release has been. I'm fairly recent in the sim world and am fast losing interest especially after the release of FSX. Not being hard core I'm more like the casual user who will put FSX to one side when I discover it doesn't run well on my system, just as I did with FS2000 but what I do feel strongly about is the debacle that this release has been. I actually see the release as something of a con.

No replies to my post, so I'm starting to think I'm right on both counts. Can someone from the optimistic crowd please refute these points?Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest KaelOost

>Gotta agree with Mike....Shader 4 is not an option...We are>running Shader 2...why they didn't go to 3 is beyond me :( >Not hard to do LOL..It will take an extensive rewrite of the>code to use Shader 4 and me thinks it will be a band aid at>best...But ask yourself this...Am I going to spend $4000 to>get this freakin game to run? Or will I go fly FS9 or>Xplane...Sorry but this is a joke...I'm in the same boat as a>lot of people...I cannot fly into an airport at 8 fps...Any>add on worth it's salt is going to cripple this sim.... MS>should have realised this during beta...I can imagine there>were many complaints about it..So for at least a year FSX will>be relegated to GA and bush flying..not a bad thing as I do>both..but it is still a let down for ALOT of people. To deny>it or bash people because of their grievances is dead>wrong...without these people nothing would get fixed...>>LarrySpot on