Sign in to follow this  
edvb

Hello from Oshkosh, Wisconsin

Hi Everyone.

I started in 1979 when I purchased a Home-built airplane . It was a Davis DA-2A SN #51 registration  N72RJ.  I flew it for 10 years between 1979-1989 and put about 2150 Hours on it before selling it to a chap from the UK at EAA here in Oshkosh, WI.. It is still flying under the registration G-BPFLG in the UK.

I used an Apple II for flight plans and the first FS.

I am almost 68 now so decided to get into sim again after seeing MSFS 2020. It is because of this group that I am on the way to getting the hardware for my build.

I already have ordered the Honeycomb Bravo throttle and am on preorder  for the Fulcrum yoke.

Edward

• Like 1

Asus ROG  Strix x 470-f, Ryzen 2700X,Flare X (4x8)3200 CL14 ,EVGA  GTX 1070 Ti, 970 EVO 500GB  NVMe, 860 EVO 1TB, 860 EVO 2TB,Seasonic TX-850, Hauppauge 1 HVR-1265, LG  27UK650-W 4K Monitor

Welcome to Avsim. 🙂

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Welcome! I had to google the Davis DA-2. It's a baby Bonanza!! :cool:🍻

I wonder if someone will create a DA-2 for FS2020 somewhere down the line? One never knows!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

It was a great plane and never let me down in all the tears of flying it. Yes there were not that many built but mine is still flying in the UK.

• Like 1

Asus ROG  Strix x 470-f, Ryzen 2700X,Flare X (4x8)3200 CL14 ,EVGA  GTX 1070 Ti, 970 EVO 500GB  NVMe, 860 EVO 1TB, 860 EVO 2TB,Seasonic TX-850, Hauppauge 1 HVR-1265, LG  27UK650-W 4K Monitor

Thanks Chock and HighBypass

• Upvote 1

Sounds great Edward! I currently fly a home built Vans RV9A (my avatar). Flew it to Oshkosh in 2018 for EAA!  You are going to love FS2020! Enjoy the fun on this forum and in the sim!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

I too had to "Google" the aircraft. I found a wonderful and somewhat humorous article in the search:

https://www.kitplanes.com/nextgen-heirloom/

My favorite quote from the author's wit:

The O-200 had been rebuilt with reconditioned cylinders, “so I had no idea how old or how many hours were on them,” Hutchinson said, so he replaced them with new cylinders. “It was a chunk of change, but the peace of mind is worth the money, especially in an airplane with the glide ratio of a manhole cover.”

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Welcome to Avsim. I am a Sun-N-Fun veteran. I've only missed 3 since the very beginning. 

Easy for me as KLAL is my home airport.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

The Davis was a great plane and am glad to put all those hours on it before selling.

Well I have  Honeycomb Bravo throttle, and MFG Crosswind V2 rudder pedals on order and the Fulcrum yoke on preorder.

Building a sim for MSFS is not cheap but just trying to get the right pieces so I do not have to redo it soon. It will most likely take 6-8 months before I can finish it as all the parts are not available till that timeframe.