Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

Downloading attempt of update

Removed the message. Had enough frustration for one night, LOL.... I'll attempt to figure this out tomorrow after a good nights sleep.

Edited by dbw1

Nooo... it’s to good to send back and ask for your money.

But hollymolly that’s a real bummer. 

I have very slow internet service too, took me about the same time to download and install. My initial install issue was it just stopped (froze) mid download. I left it alone for a few hours just to see if it would start downloading again but it didn’t. I did the ctrl/alt/del thing rebooted the computer then started the install again. Fortunately the download started right back up where it had stopped, about half way.

I’ll try the update now if it’s there.

Edited by Iceman2

Iceman,

During the initial attempts at installing MSFS originally I was on the phone to MS at least 6 times (no exaggeration) and they did a remote access on my computer several times and still had issues...in fact one guy got so frustrated he hung up. The last guy had just got it (MSFS) and installed successfully and he'd had issues but found the work around to the problems and mine  finally installed. He followed up 24 hours later to see how things were working out. Honestly, i was really pleasantly surprised at the support and can't say enough good things about MS in that regard. 

This sim is definitely a generational leap and once the hurdles with a new program like this are sorted out I too think it will be very, very good. Hope your evening is a pleasant one.