Sign in to follow this  
styckx

Plan-G alpha for MSFS now publicly available (sorta)

If you're a registered member of the  Plan-G forums you now have the ability to download the latest alpha available build of Plan-G for MSFS 2020.

The instructions to get it running are rather simple (you have to have the SDK installed and copy the 64bit simconnect.dll to the Plan-G folder) and it performs as expected for an alpha.. I had no issues building the database, and it connecting with ease to the simulator. It's a bit laggy (as expected for an alpha) but right clicking a VOR and setting my nav radio to that freq worked..    Happy camper..

This isn't some secret I'm exposing. If you browse the forum not logged in Tim has announced it himself. So support Tim and be kind.. He's a saint for letting the general public grab such an early build.. He didn't have to do this and I appreciate him letting us get a taste of Plan-G for MSFS 2020 so early. 

Edited by styckx
  • Like 3

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

How I can install the SDK, from the developer mode?

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

Bonjour .  J'ai bien récupéré PLAN G  V4  et généré la base de données. J'ai aussi installé le SDK de FS2020, mais je ne trouve pas de simconnect.dll en 64 bits sur mon PC . Je ne vois que des simconnect.dll pour X86 .

Une piste ?  Merci d'avance JPF92

English Translation:  

Hello . I have recovered PLAN G V4 and generated the database. I have also installed the FS2020 SDK, but I cannot find 64bit simconnect.dll on my PC. I only see simconnect.dll for X86.

A track ? Thanks in advance JPF92

Edited by charliearon
Translate to English

18 minutes ago, JPF92 said:

Bonjour .  J'ai bien récupéré PLAN G  V4  et généré la base de données. J'ai aussi installé le SDK de FS2020, mais je ne trouve pas de simconnect.dll en 64 bits sur mon PC . Je ne vois que des simconnect.dll pour X86 .

Une piste ?  Merci d'avance JPF92

English Translation:  

Hello . I have recovered PLAN G V4 and generated the database. I have also installed the FS2020 SDK, but I cannot find 64bit simconnect.dll on my PC. I only see simconnect.dll for X86.

A track ? Thanks in advance JPF92

It's in the root directly where you installed the sdk

edt: I was wrong.. I typed that from muscle memory..  It's in MSFS SDK\SimConnect SDK\lib

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Sorry for my english . it is ok  now . the first time , On  MSFS SDK \ SimConnect SDK \ lib , i have only  static and simconnect.lib but not the simconnect .dll .  i have reinstall SDK and now i see my plane on PLAN G  4.  Enjoy . Thanks you .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JPF92 said:

Sorry for my english . it is ok  now . the first time , On  MSFS SDK \ SimConnect SDK \ lib , i have only  static and simconnect.lib but not the simconnect .dll .  i have reinstall SDK and now i see my plane on PLAN G  4.  Enjoy . Thanks you .

Your english is fine enough for me to understand what you're trying to convey! It's ok and glad you got it working! Happy flying!

Edited by styckx