Sign in to follow this  
FS++

Anyone on MSFS 2020 missing planes?

Purchased Premium Deluxe via Steam.

All OK, until latest update (yesterday) and now 787 and premium content going AWOL.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

All OK, until latest update (yesterday) and now 787 and premium content going AWOL.

Thanks

Hello chaps.

I don't have the game as yet, in fact don't have a PC on which to run it, however I'm monitoring the situation.

I think you should do a complete reinstall. Here's a little link I came across.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/patch-version-1-7-14-0-is-now-available/

Happy days!

Regards

David

1 hour ago, charlie130 said:

Hello chaps.

I don't have the game as yet, in fact don't have a PC on which to run it, however I'm monitoring the situation.

I think you should do a complete reinstall. Here's a little link I came across.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/patch-version-1-7-14-0-is-now-available/

Happy days!

Regards

David

Thanks.

Would rather not do a full re-install. This thing is huge and took 2 days to download.

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

Thanks.

Would rather not do a full re-install. This thing is huge and took 2 days to download.

Oh crikey! 

I don't know anything about Steam. My last FS purchase was from LM years ago!

I read of someone else who had "lost the premium deluxe stuff, following a patch upgrade from Steam. Could it be that Steam was updating his install based on the lesser install, which doesn't have all the aircraft that the premium deluxe does?

I understand the patch and subsequent downloads have corrected the install code, which was playing silly fool with some installations?

Hope things get sorted soon. Devs like you are vital to the survival of any simulator. 

Regards.

5 hours ago, FS++ said:

Would rather not do a full re-install. 

Do not re-install!

It is a known issue that has been mentionned by several users on their forum. I also encountered it once, but the content was back again when I launched MSFS the next time. Seems to be an issue on the server side that hopefully will be fixed soon.

On 9/3/2020 at 2:23 PM, FS++ said:

Thanks

Did you get the premium aircraft back yet?

41 minutes ago, charlie130 said:

Did you get the premium aircraft back yet?

I did. Had to re-install though.☹️

6 minutes ago, FS++ said:

I did. Had to re-install though.☹️

That's what I read. Hopefully it won't happen again.

I also read that Aerosoft have been in cahoots with ASOBO/MS for some time and will release their CRJ for MSFS. Then later on, the Twotter.

Both these are 100% supported from MCE, so the new guys on MSFS can experience a first officer in sim. 

Only good things to look forward to!

Cheers.

I bought my copy (Premiun Deluxe) directly from the Xbox site, not Steam. Today, all of the Premium Deluxe aircraft are gone. The Zlin Shock, the B-787, etc.  It took a full week to download the game initially, and I sure as hell don't want to have to do another re-install if it means downloading the whole game again! Is there a URL or phone number to report bugs like this?

3 hours ago, lgcharlot said:

I bought my copy (Premiun Deluxe) directly from the Xbox site, not Steam. Today, all of the Premium Deluxe aircraft are gone. The Zlin Shock, the B-787, etc.  It took a full week to download the game initially, and I sure as hell don't want to have to do another re-install if it means downloading the whole game again! Is there a URL or phone number to report bugs like this?

Welcome to Avsim Igcharlot.

This is the Multi Crew Experience specific forum, therefore may not get you the answer you're looking for. Try on Microsoft Zendesk or Avsim forum dedicated to MSFS 2020.

Since I share your pain, Here is what I learned after I had to re-install not once but actually twice.

I had an instance where just checking File integrity in Steam, got the whole Microsoft downloaded files deleted.

Now, here is what I do...

Provided you have a spare 100 GB somewhere, create a folder and name it <Backup of FS2020>.

Before you re-install, copy the entire content downloaded to the new folder.

Un-install FS2020 completely.

Re-install and keep an eye on the Content manager download process.

For small files, let it download and install.

When you see it stuck on a heavy file, take note of the current file name, pause and shutdown the FS2020 installer.

Go back to saved content, copy the folder that was about to be downloaded and paste it to the location where FS2020 is currently downloading stuff.

Restart FS2020 and it should proceed to the next file.

Repeat the process until it's done.

I went from a 2 days download to a few hours.

The biggest ones are <fs-base-cgl> (57 GB) and  <fs-base> (14.3) GB

Having theses backed up will speed things a lot.

For instance, if it ever gets stuck at "downloading fs-base package 001" (which can take a day), you just need to pause and exit installation, copy <fs-Base> folder and resume. That's 15 GB already downloaded. 

I hope it's helpful 🙂

I just re-downloaded and re-installed the game, and STILL do not have the five Premium Deluxe aircraft I paid for. If anyone else is experiencing this and knows a fix, please let me know.

This is a known issue. To solve it go to Marketplace tab, select the Premium Deluxe pack and download it. After that go to the Content manager and select all items, so that it downloads/updates all your installed content.

Cheers

All i did was log out of xbox then log back in msfs2020 then it will update your aircraft sould be back

Edited by burge
msfs2020