Sign in to follow this  
MarkSC

Over One Million Pilots!

Considering most are probably casual gamers and others that will lose interest quickly.

It's quite hard to predict the future or how add-on development will be effected.

Hopefully for real sim pilots we will see quality add-ons and not more rushed garbage!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

Considering most are probably casual gamers and others that will lose interest quickly.

And you know this because.....?

• Like 1

Pretty impressive considering it’s not even on the Xbox yet.

Even 20% of that market is a huge incentive for our third party developers to keep pushing out products even more so for the developers that are focusing on quality at reasonable prices, those guys will clear up.

Future looks pretty bright indeed.

• Like 1

I didn't state a fact...i said "probably"

so NO I don't know! It is highly unlikely we are going to see 1 million serious simmers if you believe so you are delusional.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

I didn't state a fact...i said "probably"

so NO I don't know! It is highly unlikely we are going to see 1 million serious simmers if you believe so you are delusional.

The last thing in the world I would want is 1 million serious simmers.  We have enough trouble with the few thousand we already have.

• Like 20

Just now, ShawnG said:

The last thing in the world I would want is 1 million serious simmers.  We have enough trouble with the few thousand we already have.

That's a FACT!

• Like 1

just wait till Xbox people are able to fly 🙂 Numbers going to keep on going up up up. 

*I really wish I had bought stock in Microsoft. 

Fact: A $1,000 investment in Microsoft on the day of its initial public offering, or IPO, on March 13, 1986, would be worth more than $1.6 million today

7 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Thats great news! I never heard that happening before in our sim community. Long term staying or quick going, doesnt matter. 

It happened with FSX as well.  It took longer than a few weeks, but it happened none the less.  The difference is the increased marketing available via the Internet. 

I don't recall the number for FS2004 (FS9) however I remember that it was also substantial - enough so that Microsoft invested in the ACES Team and went to work/released three different versions of FSX.

So, this is nothing new, and I suspect that we'll see roughly the same numbers play out as adjusted for population growth and Internet based communications.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 minute ago, SirDan said:

j

Fact: A $1,000 investment in Microsoft on the day of its initial public offering, or IPO, on March 13, 1986, would be worth more than $1.6 million today

I know someone who did exactly that with Apple - currently his Apple holdings are around $40 MIL. - must be nice.  🙂 

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Nice to see the interest, obviously.  An equally interesting stat would be what percentage of those new virtual pilots got there via the $1 1 month xbox game pass.  At that price, giving MSFS air time on you computer is a "no brainer", and comes to a matter of available disk space and internet bandwidth.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

It states for Xbox Game Pass. Original Source Here.
I sincerely hope most of them renew their subscription. The more the better for MSFS future.

What worries me is that apparently Steam current and 24/hours peak (paying) user numbers have been in decline since day 1. SteamCharts Microsoft Flight Simulator.  (drag the left white square to see day 1)

I really wish MSFS can unleash its full potential.

Edited by RamonB

If MSFS sold 1 million copies for the PC (the article says 1 million unique players so 1 million copies were sold for PC), and we also have the XBox release coming up, this will buy 2 to 3 years of development and maintenance from Asobo.  There is no way Microsoft will pull support MSFS and walk away from it for the next 2 to 3 years, minimally.  So the 10 year plan by Asobo is coming to fruition.  I can actually believe this is a 10 year project, with sales like this (logically though, staff may be reduced for the later years of this project).  

Don't forget that Microsoft can tap into the commercial market with MSFS for more sales. And as more products get added to the Marketplace, that's further revenue for Microsoft because they get a cut of the Marketplace sales. 

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM