Sign in to follow this  
Tom_L

Turboprop simulation - help to make it better

The behaviour of the PT-6 turboprop engine in MSFS isn't accurate (Torque rises with altitude while ITT remains stable, no Beta Range simulation, no propeller effects simulated) and that is a shame because there's a lot to like about the TBM 930 for example, which seems to be pretty popular amongst simmers. But it's not only about the standard planes, it's about the basics for modeling Addon Turboprop aircraft by third party developers. As MS has started a voting system over at their support-forums, it would help if a lot of you would participate. It's a bit of a hassle 'cause you have to log in, but we could be rewarded with a lot better simulation than before. The more votes, the better the chances. And I wouldn't mind if there's a TP-ZIBO out there....

Here's the link: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/turboprop-engine-logic-issues-up-voting/245144

The thread over at MS forums is about Turboprops, so go vote weather you want a PT-6, a TPE331 or PW150A...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

Done.

Prop effects are there on the King Air. I did an EFATO and was able to feather the dead donk visually and, crucially, aerodynamically. It all looked and felt pretty good.

i haven't flown the TBM very much as I enjoy flying at night and those Garmins are too bright.

Look up g3000 brightness fix in the official forum. Someone has fixed it... really good now!

@Tom_L Reading the yesterdays development update one can see that your undertaking was not in vain 👍 At least some of the issues have been acknowledged.

Bump!

140 votes and counting.....Keep up, guys, we'll get there!

It's on their top issues list now! Good job guys.

Who didn't upvote yet, do so! 👍

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

They haven't fixed the turboprops in 20 years, what makes you think they're gonna do it now?

I don't consider this a major issue. It's a nice to have but not a must have. 

I'm hoping they fix the G3X issues first. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

They haven't fixed the turboprops in 20 years, what makes you think they're gonna do it now?

Because of the way they interact with the community. FSX MS didn't care what the community had to say.

Another reason:

Jg9Fifb.png

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

All Turboprop enthusiasts look ahead for the next update:

Whereas the issue "A320 swaying left and right" has made it into the Top-Bugs list on Sept. 24th. with 200 votes and was in the list on Sept 3rd as well, the issue "Turboprop engine logic issues" was in the Sept. 3rd. Top-Bugs list and isn't mentioned any more, despite having 329 votes as I'm writing this.

Maybe the Turboprop issue is solved? I am more than curious for next week!

On 9/3/2020 at 11:22 AM, Tom_L said:

(Torque rises with altitude while ITT remains stable,

I've noticed some other odd behavior. Just for fun I pulled up the TBM at McMurdo Station in Antarctica. Sitting there with the engines off, battery on, the ITT was about twice as low as the ambient temperature. OAT read something like -22, while ITT was below -50, which would seem to be a neat trick.

8 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

All Turboprop enthusiasts look ahead for the next update:

Whereas the issue "A320 swaying left and right" has made it into the Top-Bugs list on Sept. 24th. with 200 votes and was in the list on Sept 3rd as well, the issue "Turboprop engine logic issues" was in the Sept. 3rd. Top-Bugs list and isn't mentioned any more, despite having 329 votes as I'm writing this.

Maybe the Turboprop issue is solved? I am more than curious for next week!

I appreciate your positive attitude, but usually when they fix things, they mark it as FIXED / Update 3.

Maybe it slipped through. Taking longer so they removed it to present other stuff. Or they ignore it. Hope not.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

6 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Or they ignore it. Hope not.

That's why I have posted in all relevant threads known to me, so that it won't be forgotten - just in case 🙂

• Upvote 1