Sign in to follow this  
SirDan

MSFS So much new being released !!!

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

The Avsim Library is the obvious place I thought.  But I guess not all new users /creators necessarily even know about Avsim.

I think Avsim would be a great place to host many of these free add-ons. I know there are other sites that host these. Hopefully there will be one or two solid places that everyone can go to and download all of the new goodies. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

59 minutes ago, MikeT707 said:

Indeed. I am surprised how many airports are being enhanced or created as freeware. I love seeing all of the free work being done to include tons of Points of Interest, and the work on the Airbus 320 is beyond excellent plus there will be an updated freeware flight model for the Bonanza coming soon. . And... it has only been a couple of weeks since release. 

This is what happens when games are popular, much more credible stuff very cheap or free and done for the love of it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

I hope not 😪 X-Plane has been around since 1995, weathered many storms and competition. Yes it will always be overshadowed by the giants like MSFS and no doubt people have left in droves for MSFM but I dont think it will go away. It is a passion of Austins and the Laminar team are great. 

MSFS looks fantastic and when I get that new Ryzen 9 beast next year I will get it too as I look forward to the GA flying. However I'll always keep XP11 installed as my primary. 

As much as I have come to dislike XP11s slow development & loooongstanding issues, I can't deny the dedicated community that has kept the sim afloat with their contributions. From the airport gateway, utilities, FlywithLuey etc. there is no way that I would have stuck with the sim without the contributions of the community.

It looks like MSFS has that same backing of those willing to contribute to get the most out of the sim. The next few years will be interesting to see where things go...looking good thus far.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, SirDan said:

Forum etiquette is to not link to any 3rd party website , even though I have done this myself , to the official forums. Per se it's not a good thing. 

What?  So the mods will delete any post with a link to another site?

• Like 2

Matthew S

Great to see so many freeware mods already. But as others have pointed out it would be nice to have one place where all these are listed.

MSFSAddons.org might be a good place to start for now.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

What?  So the mods will delete any post with a link to another site?

My understanding is that the main prohibition here is against linking directly to third party stores.  I've always understood that it's fine to link to outside websites and fora, as long as they're not marketplaces and are legal.   But I just went looking for forum rules to confirm that and honestly had trouble finding them.

Edited by kaosfere

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

MSFSAddons.org might be a good place to start for now.

I would not be recommending that site given the posts here and on other social media sites:

f0iwsjI.jpg

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/582810-caution-do-not-post-information-about-pirated-software/

There's a subreddit, r/FS2020Creation, which has posts linking to new freeware scenery mods.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 hours ago, MarkW said:

Great to see, hwoever, you guys have hit upon the problem....no organized way of finding this stuff.  Digging through reddit to find a link is far from ideal.  MSFSAddons is rather unorganized.  

Not to mention being totally taken over by spam.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'm just amused at the lamentations about people on other sites not knowing about the AVSIM library when AVSIM doesn't permit linking here to other sites...

Something-something karma.

Edited by RoboRay
  • Like 6

Just now, RoboRay said:

I'm just amused at the lamentations about people on other sites not knowing about the AVSIM library when AVSIM doesn't want linking here to other sites...

An interesting situation, no?

It probably works a treat when Avsim library is at the top of the heap, but maybe not so much, otherwise........

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

4 hours ago, RoboRay said:

I'm just amused at the lamentations about people on other sites not knowing about the AVSIM library when AVSIM doesn't permit linking here to other sites...

Something-something karma.

Yes, I guess that's one way to make AVSIM even less relevant among the MSFS community.

To be honest though, there already are two or three repositories that together have 95% of MSFS addons, so most people, or at least those that read sites other than AVSIM, will have little trouble finding things.

I strongly recommend checking out FS2020Creations on Reddit. There are some absolutely mindblowing freeware scenery converted from google maps models. Check out the photogrammetry model of the Devils Tower geological feature in Wyoming. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1