Sign in to follow this  
Guest Buck Bolduc

watch this!.. What Microsoft Has To Say

Guest ngi357

in the film it's about 30 min and 50 sec in so just FFI don

Guest Rayed

Hello!- you buy meaningless, marketing terms like "next gen"- you buy meaningless, marketing hype called "Windows Vista will save the world and make FSX run 6 times faster"- what is the worst, you get over excited about that all.Just to calm you down, because all of the above is bad for your physical and mental health - I'll give you a riddle to solve.What GEN we are at now:a) current gen:( old genIf a) then when next gen will start, if :( then next gen already started, because we are at old gen, so what is the correct term for next gen, because it's current gen really - so when the next gen will start?P.S. My system runs FSX at average 155 fps, everything maxed

Guest ngi357

OMG i dont believe this... you just dont get it...FSX is made for the next generation of computers. simply put.. these next gen computers will be faster, better at multi-tasking, more ram, better graphics than a 4,000 dollar computer you can buy right now.nothing has changed in the last kagillion years about that concept.you buy a top-of-the-line computer now, guess what? It's nothing compared to whats coming out in 4 years from then.you might be thinking. "well why would microsoft put a game out that very few people can acctually use 100% right now?" once again... very simple. there LEADING THE FREAKING WAY!!!technology is pregressing rather you want it to or not. trust me.. in a few years(with new computers) we will look back and say "holy cow! FSX was nothing compared to the graphics on FSXI" and then the cycle starts all over again.

Except that the next gen of computers will be multi core and FSX can't hack that so just what other type of advanced PC specs was FSX designed for? Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

>technology is pregressing rather you want it to or not. Are you related to the Bush?allen

Guest Len

Or they created a bloated overtaxed code not optimized to run on even duo-core systems and have the temerity to say its next gen.

Guest Maul

Oh look, another person trying to trigger a negative response from everyone who is disappointed with FSX...not this time troll.}(

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Concerning computers, you got it right.Anything you buy today will be absolute in about six months to one year.But I think everybody is trying to say, why the heck release NOW something that is designed to work properly after one year or so?In my opinion, FSX should work perfectly using CURRENT technology.Would you buy a game for the non-existent XBox 550 (put what ever imaginery name you wish here) when you can't run it on the existing Xbox or XBox360?What if it runs perfectly after one year? In another year the next version will be out (assuming there will be one), and the circle will start over again.George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

Guest Jimbofly

A game doesn't have to be designed for advances in technology to get a benefit from it. DX10 cards will have a major benefit even with DX9 games, more RAM will be easily affordable and will also have a major benefit, and MS will release a patch next year anyway. It's already been confirmed.James

Guest Buck Bolduc

MS opened up the API a great deal, good for 3rd party guy's like PMDG and LDS, among others.I built a few computers a few monthes's ago that used dual core Athlon 4800's.After installing the OS I did an experiment. Installed FS9 and set the processor afiinity for FS9 to CPU-1, left the OS on CPU-0.Seemed to get really good improvement in FPS's.Has anyone tried this with FSX. Haven't had a chance to myself.The machines had 1 Gig of RAM.You need to download AMD's optimizer file from there website if u don't see two CPU windows in the process tab in task mgr.

Guest ngi357

BTW my intention was not to further the anger of the already angry consumers (us), but to show you the other side...with that said. Im sorry if you found it angering. (not too sorry though)

I wish I was as wealthy as you?I bought a game that is almost unplayable! I was told that FSX would require dual core and Vsta.I payed for a computer to run it in anticipation.Now after buying it I am presented with a game that dosen't even smell dual-core or want to use it!!This is ridiculous. try buying a new car that you can't pull up in, and don't forget to smile when the salesman tells you that "Oh, the brakes will be fitted next year sir, didn't you know"?"Oh and by the way sir, the brakes are going to cost you an arm and a leg".Get real, before you get any older please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest allcott

You know what makes me laugh? To justify the argmument for using the latest, greatest hardware, our poster uses a keynote speech that featured a pre-alpha demo version of FSX from January of this year. Including rendered images that have been dong the rounds for the best part of a year and features missing from the RTM.Kinda pot calling the kettle black, donchathink?The fact is that there was a clear indication that performance increases in the basic game were being implemented between Beta 1 and RTM. That was an unambiguous statement from the ACES team, and it was made just prior to release by the team members themselves, not in a different epoch by a man who you could reasonably suggest, has more than a slight vested interest in talking UP the performance of his forthcoming products.By the way, your AMD 4000 and X600 is outmoded hardware. Show us a video of your performance over Seattle with scenery, textures - and most importantly autogen - at default levels. Lets see your fps.Because I am willing to bet that your performance is not as good as you say it is. And how to justify your statment in line with the statement from Phil Taylor of MS in this very forum that performance of FSX will be lower under Vista, all other things being equal? And no-one has so much as made any suggestions about DX10 and FSX, because the team have only just begin work on it. Again that statement can be found in these very forums.Either they are wrong, or you are. I wonder who doesn't know what they're talking about?Allcott