Sign in to follow this  
Nedo68

Fazebook VR ;-/

On 18 August, Oculus revealed:

from October 2020, new users can log in to their devices from a Facebook account only

existing users will have the option to merge their Oculus and Facebook accounts – but they too will need to log in from a Facebook account from 1 January 2023.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54014217

well no comment from me on this, it is allready verboten to sell Facebook VR Headsets in germany.

Long live Valve! 😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

existing users will have the option to merge their Oculus and Facebook accounts

As long as it's an option and not a mandatory (hear that word a lot these days) sign up to Facebook I don't give a monkey's.

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 minute ago, Ron Attwood said:

As long as it's an option and not a mandatory (hear that word a lot these days) sign up to Facebook I don't give a monkey's.

"but they too will need to log in from a Facebook account from 1 January 2023"

24 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

"but they too will need to log in from a Facebook account from 1 January 2023"

My Oculus will have been a long time in the trash by then.

Me too probably.

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Nedo and Ron, exactly what I am thinking, (Oculus on the way to the dumpster)! I cancelled my Facebook account many years ago and will not return to that kind of social garbage, nothing but drama! Also returned my Oculus headset back to Amazon about a month after I bought it, so I guess I won't have to toss it in the dumpster! Sorta waiting to see if there will be a G3 or new Index or something else coming before I buy again. I'm not sure any of this stuff works without issue yet when it comes to flight simulation...thus so many threads discussing problems. The flip side is it appears to work pretty good on regular games which have really caught my attention lately. Flight Sim is great but it seems like right now we are all dealing with what we have already built up plus a new sim that is still in flux with updates and waiting for developers to produce scenery and airports...here we go again, or not! My P3D 4.5 is stable and no more updated, that is good! MSFS2020 well time will tell.