Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 3rd, 2020 - Development Update

How do they know "your house" is the most popular destination? And why do they keep track? I intentionally flew through a prohibited area the other day ... hope that doesn't get me in trouble 😜

• Like 2

It helps to have a bit of faith in Asobo:)

• Like 6

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

2 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

I originally read "feedback indigestion". Probably more true than not.

Well they did mention people were having issue with wind. 🤣

• Like 11

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

30 minutes ago, gunther said:

How do they know "your house" is the most popular destination? And why do they keep track? I intentionally flew through a prohibited area the other day ... hope that doesn't get me in trouble 😜

Try crashing into the White House 20 times then see if the Secret Service comes to visit you to see what you're "practicing for" 😉

• Upvote 2

But...but...but...I thought everyone at Asobo was now working on the XBOX version, and that the PC version was now "DOA with no further support to be expected"...

• Like 6

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

3 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

Great news, hopefully be less negativity around here now, and the Sim bashing can stop

Not going to happen, less bashing more negativity to come. Helis, VR, Trees and backwards floating boats will remain. Oh and replays and contrails. Oh forgot I can't get my sim to run 60 fps at 4K

Edited by jbdbow1970

Inertia fix coming this month. It'll be interesting to see the results.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, JDWalley said:

But...but...but...I thought everyone at Asobo was now working on the XBOX version, and that the PC version was now "DOA with no further support to be expected"...

They seem to be working on a lot of stuff, considering I've read there's only ten of them still on the project, haha.  Sarcasm aside, glad to see them not just mentioning all of the top feedback points, but actually making it clear that they are DIRECTLY tracking the forum feedback on these issues.

People with an iota of software development knowledge last week were telling everyone to relax, and this is why.  Installation problems are a five-alarm fire you have to fix ASAP, so paying customers can use what they paid for.  With that mostly out of the way, they can focus on improvements to the software itself.

So many hyperventilating people seemed to take that first allegedly "underwhelming" update as some sort of ridiculous mission statement on their dedication to the sim long term.

Chill out, and strap in for the long road.

• Like 6

Great seeing the updates but was really hoping to see something about DirectX 12 support, DLSS and multi thread support for CPU 😞

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

6 hours ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Awesome update. Super happy to hear that the wind issue has been fixed and will be released in September.

The phraseology being used is "significantly improved" so it's possible your statement is premature.

Give people power to really test their personality.

So MS is still ignoring top issues and lying about their importance to the community:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/crash-to-desktop-without-error-message/130085

This topic has many more comments than most of the listed ones and also more upvotes. 

As a matter of fact the patch did not adress this and hasn't helped people who still can't play the game

Edited by chatman

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

7 minutes ago, SamYeager said:

The phraseology being used is "significantly improved" so it's possible your statement is premature.

Fair enough, but I’m expecting it to be pretty solid. Hopefully they’ve gotten it to at least be in a decent state 😕

40 minutes ago, chatman said:

So MS is still ignoring top issues and lying about their importance to the community:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/crash-to-desktop-without-error-message/130085

This topic has many more comments than most of the listed ones and also more upvotes. 

As a matter of fact the patch did not adress this and hasn't helped people who still can't play the game

I'm intensively communicate with comunity in my country (many hundreds people), but nobody has problém with crash to desktop. So it must be a minor problem, probably caused by some software installed on users PCs with non standard acces to windows (typicaly antiviruses, cleaners etc.), not a basic problem of MSFS.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1