Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 3rd, 2020 - Development Update

Great update. Hopefully it will remove some of the sim bashing. This next patch has some meaty fixes we have been waiting for.

The Feedback Snapshot top wishlist does not reflect at all the wishlist forum votes. Here are the « real » top ten

- Please Remove "Press Any Key to Start" 226 votes

- Scenery Gateway System scenery 127 votes

- "Remember" ATC Callsign and Tail Number aircraft atc 118 votes

- Freeware category for MSFS Marketplace 92 votes

- Metric Units! 89 votes

- Replay function missing? 84 votes

- Poor flight planning capability 67 votes

- Glider, sailplane, soaring, please! 64 votes

- Real world taxiways / signage 62 votes

- Power lines, antennas/masts, cablecars/gondolas 59 votes

I have just voted for the replay function and power lines 😉.

• Like 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, canadiantree said:

Great seeing the updates but was really hoping to see something about DirectX 12 support, DLSS and multi thread support for CPU 😞

Personally I think they should fix the core sim, instead of adding new features.
But that's just my opinion.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

🙂

Im impressed by Asobo. I like that they say directly that the next patch will be focused on "in sim experience", and they have obviously heard the community loud and clear when it comes to weather. It's also very comforting that they are working on the autopilot functions. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

49 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

The Feedback Snapshot top wishlist does not reflect at all the wishlist forum votes. Here are the « real » top ten

I don't know where you get this list, but mine looks different:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/self-service/bugs-issues/159/l/latest?order=votes

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1

Google "node-based particle effects" and watch a few videos to get an idea of what's in store for the sim. Add to that addressing inertia, stutters and ap and we'll be "cooking with gas" as they say.

Edited by Bottle
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I don't know where you get this list, but mine looks different:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/self-service/bugs-issues/159/l/latest?order=votes

The official whislist sub sorted by the number of votes

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/self-service/wishlist/163

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

if they play with inertia, I can't wait until the day after when there are a thousand posts saying..  the update stuffed all my planes and nothing flies properly now 🙂

Personally, I think the inertia one is (or could be) a great step forward.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

In the Feedback Snapshot I read the 'Insufficient Inertia' issue is solved in the Sep 03 update.

I don't have MFS yet (waiting for new hardware) ... has anyone felt / seen the planes are heavier now, which should translate as being less 'twitchy' in air?

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

1 minute ago, RudyB24 said:

In the Feedback Snapshot I read the 'Insufficient Inertia' issue is solved in the Sep 03 update.

I don't have MFS yet (waiting for new hardware) ... has anyone felt / seen the planes are heavier now, which should translate as being less 'twitchy' in air?

Sept. Update is the one coming (probably) later this month. They will give us a date next week. Everything they already patched they mark as SOLVED.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RudyB24 said:

Oh, I must have misunderstood their Feedback Snapshot then. In my book solved means ... well ... solved ... and available. 🙂

It’s fixed in their internal updated version. They are just sharing their progress. That’s the reason they have that feedback snapshot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Baber20 said:

Very excited about that new node based particles effect system !

What would be the purpose in FS ? 

• Like 1

Regarding bugs and wishlist from the MSFS forum, an old saying comes to mind - You can please some of the people sometimes, but not all of the people all of the time.

• Like 1

Eric