Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 3rd, 2020 - Development Update

5 hours ago, Farlis said:

I don't know where you get this list, but mine looks different:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/self-service/bugs-issues/159/l/latest?order=votes

Even their forum is trying to simulate real life. Nobody bothers to vote, but prefer to sit behind their keyboard and complain...

1.000.000 users and 250 votes for top issue. 

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

The terrain night lighting issue (lit textures, sepia mask) of MSFS is finally getting visibility by upvoting and this is a nice advance.

21 minutes ago, espent said:

Even their forum is trying to simulate real life. Nobody bothers to vote, but prefer to sit behind their keyboard and complain...

That's totally normal for every kind of support forum.

The percentage of customers that actually bother to create an account and participate is miniscule.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, espent said:

The voting feature was added only 4 days ago.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

- Freeware category for MSFS Marketplace 92 votes

This, I want to vote for this!

• Like 2

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

9 hours ago, chatman said:

So MS is still ignoring top issues and lying about their importance to the community:

9 hours ago, chatman said:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/crash-to-desktop-without-error-message/130085

This topic has many more comments than most of the listed ones and also more upvotes. 

As a matter of fact the patch did not adress this and hasn't helped people who still can't play the game

I believe that you skipped over this EDIT: note...

*** EDIT: I was finally able to solve my crashes by limiting my FPS to 30 in Nvidia Control Center as per this comment: Crash to desktop without error message ***

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, Tinribs said:

If you want to upvote the Freeware category for the Marketplace. The link is:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/freeware-category-for-msfs-marketplace/240458

nope, unless they do it ala farmsimulator, meaning everything gets tested before its available.

i dont see that happening.

i like freeware as everyone does, but sometimes the quality is not good enough.

Does anyone know if the navigation database has been or will be updated? The rumor was that the initial release of MSFS had a "July-August 2020"  version, but of course, now we are in September. The BGL file dates in the navigation and airport folders are still the same as when installed.

5 hours ago, n4gix said:

I believe that you skipped over this EDIT: note...

Hardly possible as the edit is mine as is the topic. 

But if you take the time to read the posts you will notice that for most people the patch did nothing. 

Yes I could solve my crashes (still getting some occasionally) but this was totally unrelated to MS. Many others still face the same issue and it should be Asobo's priority to solve them before focusing on game play issues. 

As of now they are not even mentioning it in their bug-list. 

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

Seems like you can only vote for a couple issues.  Two votes in and I'm blocked from submitting any more.  

I imagine the limited number of votes is to make sure what you are voting for is near and dear -good approach on really getting a sense of priorities otherwise too easy to vote for everything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ctalpas said:

I imagine the limited number of votes is to make sure what you are voting for is near and dear -good approach on really getting a sense of priorities otherwise too easy to vote for everything.

Good point, but now it lets me vote for more than two issues.  Just earlier today, all 'Vote' buttons displayed as 'Limit' after the two initial submissions.

10 minutes ago, chatman said:

Hardly possible as the edit is mine as is the topic. 

Oh my! That's what I get by trying to get through reading all of the posts. My bad. Today must be my day for wearing egg on my face. 

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator