Sign in to follow this  
LRBS

Editing aircraft MSFS2020

Hi,

Can somebody direct me to how to edit aircraft.cfg like it was in FSX or P3D please?

I can't find any aircraft location in particular any aircraft.cfg, I would like to go into [flight tuning] section and adjust like elevator(rudder aileron)_effectiveness variables.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

2 hours ago, killthespam said:

Hi,

Can somebody direct me to how to edit aircraft.cfg like it was in FSX or P3D please?

I can't find any aircraft location in particular any aircraft.cfg, I would like to go into [flight tuning] section and adjust like elevator(rudder aileron)_effectiveness variables.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Unfortunately, my understanding is those type of aircraft.cfg flight control effectiveness parameters do not currently exist in MSFS, at least not in the accessible FSX/P3D form. So, for example, if you are finding the controls overly responsive, you need to reduce the appropriate sensitivity sliders in the sim's Controls menu section.

EDIT: The information above that I had received was wrong. The misinformation was because the SDK is incomplete in the Flight Tuning section. The parameters you are looking for are in what is called the Flight_Model.cfg file. Sorry for the confusion.

Al

Edited by ark

58 minutes ago, killthespam said:

Hi,

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It should be there...unless it's a deluxe or premium aircraft...those are annoyingly locked at the moment

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

It should be there...unless it's a deluxe or premium aircraft...those are annoyingly locked at the moment

There are configuration files, actually a bunch of them rather than one large one like in P3D. But based on the SDK the Flight Tuning section of the Flight Model configuration file is currently empty unless there has been a recent change/up

EDIT: The information I had received was wrong. The misinformation was because the SDK is incomplete. The control surface effectiveness parameters are in what is called the Flight_Model.cfg file.

Al

Edited by ark

Oh I could have sworn the flight_model.cfg has those options.  I was doing a small mod for the VL3 but maybe it was something else

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

(Your MSFS Path) \Official\OneStore\ (target aircraft) \SimObjects\Airplanes\ (target aircraft) \flight_model.cfg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Oh I could have sworn the flight_model.cfg has those options.  I was doing a small mod for the VL3 but maybe it was something else

You are correct. The problem was the SDK is not complete -- sorry for the confusion. The Flight_Model.cfg file has the control surface effectiveness parameters.

Al

16 minutes ago, MadDog said:

(Your MSFS Path) \Official\OneStore\ (target aircraft) \SimObjects\Airplanes\ (target aircraft) \flight_model.cfg

Thanks!

Al

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

I think that's the issue, I cant see the flight_model.cfg.

I have premium version. 

7 hours ago, killthespam said:

I think that's the issue, I cant see the flight_model.cfg.

I have premium version. 

The premium aircraft have several config files locked up so they cannot be changed.  The standard aircraft all have the necessary files.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Thank you!

I was able to find the config file and just did a mod on the 152 to bring it up to the point where is stable and enjoyable to fly versus an uncontrollable airplane.

This is what I changed 

[FLIGHT_TUNING]

pitch_stability = 1.0  //0.33
roll_stability = 1.2  //0.25
yaw_stability = 1.0  //0.25

21 hours ago, ark said:

The parameters you are looking for are in what is called the Flight_Model.cfg file.

...and some of those parameters have no effect if you change them, so apparently there's other files that need to be edited for some of that stuff. From my understanding there's certain things you are not allowed to edit or modify when it comes to the flight models of the default aircraft. This obviously needs to change, but dunno if it ever will.

I can promise you one thing though...if they don't open up the originals for editing then there's no way I will support 3rd party aircraft... I'll say that for myself.

Edited by hangar
  • Like 1