Sign in to follow this  
norman_99

Is it just me, or is the King Air unflyable since the update

Every takeoff since the update, requires full aft elevator (as in I hit the stop on my Honeycomb alpha) just to get 5-10 degrees pitch up on takeoff. Also, 30-40 degrees of bank from minor turbulence with extremely delayed roll inputs making it almost impossible to correct. 

On landing, so much aft trim is required to keep the controls roughly centered, the trim wheel hits the rear stop. Also stalled at about 120Kts, when prior, it didn't want to touch down below 90. Same roll response as above too.

I've checked the control settings, nothing has changed from prior to the update. Also checked weight & balance, and couldn't see anything glaring.

Is this happening to anyone else, or just me? Is it possible my aircraft has become corrupted somehow? Will deleting it completely rebuild it from the server the next time start up?

I'm convinced there's something wrong with my installation now. 

It's literally so bad that the forums would be exploding if this was happening to everyone else too.

So, how can I fix it? Can I delete the the aircraft folder completely and will it rebuild automatically?

this patch didnt change anything to the flight models. did you change the cfg yourself maybe , or put something in the community folder?

I'll be taking off shortly for the Channel Islands in the King - METAR is light winds.

I've been flying it a lot before the Update so will report back in a little while if it has changed. . .

It's ok here - check and recalibrate your controllers, maybe that's the culprit ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have been playing around with some mods in the community folder, that's why I think something may have got screwed up. I've deleted those, and never touched the Asobo files, but still may have buggered something. 

Just finished the flight to Guernsey and didn't perceive any difference in the flight dynamics of the King Air since the Update. Still needs very quick and careful handling (takes off and lands like it's a house brick) but ok in the cruise and AP functions. There's still something very wrong with trimming this particular aircraft that I don't have in any of the others.

BTW - Don't bother with Guernsey (EGJB) - the runway's flat but taxiways and apron are exactly like skiing moguls. Totally messed up. Pity as I enjoy a quick hop across the Channel to Guernsey, Jersey, Alderney.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

So just flew it after re downloading through the content manager, and no change.

The elevator required to takeoff is almost full aft, with trim set to takeoff. Lateral stability is almost non existent, any small bump will send the aircraft into a huge bank, and the roll response is now glacial.

It wasn't this bad a few days ago. Is this an update induced bug?

Well norman, no change for me and I don't think you'll have buggered anything providing you ONLY delved in to the Community Folder.

Did you calibrate your stick and set some dead zone (say, 4%) ?

Are you sure there are not multiple controllers active on the same axis? I had general control problems on all aircraft with some similarities to what you describe here after I left an X-Box controller plugged in. 

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

I have similar issues with the king air and other aircraft. Trim is either not responsive or goes 100% in one direction. For me, trim is mapped to up/down buttons under my left thumb on my Saitek yoke,

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

22 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

I have similar issues with the king air and other aircraft. Trim is either not responsive or goes 100% in one direction.

I had the same issue in the 172 during my first flight.  Had to hold a lot of yoke pressure to keep the nose down.  Adjusted trim and could see the trim wheel turning, but it made no difference.  I have since flown the DA62 multiple times with no such issue.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

So, it turnout this was user error. Whoops.

I had enabled the legacy flight model to test a FSX model I had attempted to port, and simply forgot about it.

Interestingly, the King Air seemed substantially more affected by it than other aircraft.

Thanks all for the help.

Edited by norman_99
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, norman_99 said:

I had enabled the legacy flight model to test a FSX model I had attempted to port, and simply forgot about it.

I ran into the same issue, played with weather settings, made the wind zero etc. etc. Can mot remember that I changed it but went back to modern model and now everything is fine.

Johan Pienaar