Sign in to follow this  
sauviat

MSFS - AITrack - OpenTrack Connection

There is a video for MSFSAddons: https://www.msfsaddons.org/reference/trackir-webcam which i've followed.

I can get the AITrack and OpenTrack to work very well, but my issue is with getting it to coordinate with MSFS. I am using the same Profile as the video, but no connection.

What am I missing? Any assistance would be much appreciated please.

Thanks

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

In the control settings of MSFS, do you see the tab called TrackIR? It should be visible amongst keyboard, mouse and most probably your other hardware controllers. 

There is not more to it. Nothing to set up within the sim. 

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

Hi NU, nothing found there. Even in search with the ALL filter, it does not show.

Martin

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

I tried and working fine. Thanks for sharing.

Follow all the steps in the video. (especially, port number, etc.) Nothing to do with the sim.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

kt069, I refreshed and re started the 2 Apps and there is movement! However, having set his options, I have no idea how to alter the configuration, i.e, my virtual eyes are looking out to the left , wuen I am looking at the screen! I cannot look up or down. Mapping is difficult for me.

Martin Parr

kt069, do you have some screen shots of your mapping, I could see please?

Thanks

Martin

Martin Parr

Hi Again;

The mappings and adjustments are almost the same with the tutorial. But, the important thing that I found is; to adjust the the output deviations regarding to the position of your webcam. Tracking software must see all of your face movement ( Be careful of bllnd areas that cam can not see you) and after that you need to give some deviations to your output in the second software to fine tune the result on the aircraft.  For example, my webcam is not located directly in front of me but it is about 45 degrees to my right. Therefore , I gave about 45 degrees deviation to my Yaw axis to correct the output.  You need to play with the numbers on the deviation page. After that , you can also play with the mapping curves for the best fit. I hope this helps.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Thanks, got something to work on now. Oh, what do you mean second software?

Martin Parr

42 minutes ago, sauviat said:

kt069, do you have some screen shots of your mapping, I could see please?

Thanks

Martin

Hi Again;

The mappings and adjustments are almost the same with the tutorial. But, the important thing that I found is; to adjust the the output deviations regarding to the position of your webcam. Tracking software must see all of your face movement ( Be careful of bllnd areas that cam can not see you) and after that you need to give some deviations to your output in the second software to fine tune the result on the aircraft.  For example, my webcam is not located directly in front of me but it is about 45 degrees to my right. Therefore , I gave about 45 degrees deviation to my Yaw axis to correct the output.  You need to play with the numbers on the deviation page. After that , you can also play with the mapping curves for the best fit. I hope this helps.

5 minutes ago, sauviat said:

Thanks, got something to work on now. Oh, what do you mean second software?

That's the ones you already know. I could not remember the names at the moment. AI Track and Open Track. Nothing more... I configured all the axis except the Roll. For example Z required to be invert for me.

Edited by kt069

👍 This is looking L and R, but what about up and down?

Edited by sauviat
Additional text

Martin Parr

Looking good! will fine tune tomorrow. The rapid movement needs to slow down when moving head.

Thank you

Martin

Martin Parr