Sign in to follow this  
AUA425

multimonitor night lightning / runway lights fix ?

Hello !

Did anyone find out if it is possible to change the size of night lightning bulbs and runway lighting ?
The old trick with "RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR" (etc) in the .cfg file and changing the halo.bmp (which is also available as a file in the base folder) doesn't seem to change anything !
They appear again with NvidiaSorround (3x27") much too big !

cheers !

Edited by AUA425

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

20 hours ago, AUA425 said:

Hello !

Did anyone find out if it is possible to change the size of night lightning bulbs and runway lighting ?
The old trick with "RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR" (etc) in the .cfg file and changing the halo.bmp (which is also available as a file in the base folder) doesn't seem to change anything !
They appear again with NvidiaSorround (3x27") much too big !

cheers !

From memory, in FSX the setting of WideViewAspect affected the light sizes. I don't know if MSFS has the same setting, but it's worth looking for. (It will also depend on how the zoom works in MSFS, as you might need WVA for other reasons.)

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

yes in the .cfg the entry still exists - it's worth a try, thanks, I almost forgot !!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

I'm on Nvidia Surround as well, 3x24", and I'm interested in knowing your findings, because I can't get the WIDEVIEWASPECT=1 setting to stick. It reverts to 0 even if I set the .cfg to read-only. 

Do you guys think going forward surround vs. 1 larger monitor will make any difference?   Thinking about going from 27" monitor to 55" LG OLED

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Monitors have developed quite a bit since I assembled my Eyefinity setup (now Surround) years ago. Nowadays I definitely wouldn't repeat the experience; too many nuisances and drawbacks, and usage limited to extremely restricted scenarios (driving and flying). Not to mention that I expected MSFS 2020 to support triple monitors out of the box, but it doesn't. The image on the sides suffers from horrible stretching, reason for which I run the sim in a window where the side edges are pulled to the middle of the outer monitors in order to reduce distortion, not ideal and certainly not a good way to use Surround. 

If I were you I would go for a single large screen, provided you have the horse-power to support the resolution. I doubt that Asobo will ever release a patch allowing for proper perspective adjustment on triple-monitor setups, which are most likely a minority. Right now I feel my setup is wasted for the sim and certainly not put to good use. Not enough scenarios to make it worth, and I think that the moment for triple-monitors has long passed.

Edited by Lurk