Sign in to follow this  
Bentree_

Linda for MSFS not working

Hi Andrew,

I was happy to see that the new Linda beta file for MSFS was out.

I installed it and also FSUIPC 7 beta, ran the GUI and followed the starting instructions. (i have the updated MSFS version 1.7.14.0)

When starting FSUIPC7 the the lights in my MCP Combo II (Boeing) flash once when FSUIPC is connecting, but after that now show.

Linda is restarting alright after FSUIPC is run, but in the MCP Combo screen there is nothing indicating it has connected to the MS default aircraft and the buttons don't work either.

Hope you can help?

Thanks in advance, regards,

Ben

Edited by Bentree_

What MCP version are you using? Please read the amended notes on the start up order for MSFS, FSUIPC7 and LINDA in the download post.

If the problem persists, please follow the Fault Diagnosis procedure under LINDA Support and email me the logs.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Logs received but incomplete. Please turn on fault diagnosis mode (detailed in procedure). 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Maybe it has something to do with the power management issueof the MCP Combo / FSUIPC combination wich we had last year?

I will send you new files shortly.

Thank you for the logs. There is an issue with FSUIPC7 detecting your MCP Combo 2 (Boeing). In the first log you sent it is found on Com3 but I could not see the LINDA logging. The second log does not show any detection and therefore LINDA will not connect. As you suggest this could be related to the VRI power reset issue.

Try adding this line to fsuipc7.ini [general] section:

VRIDisableCMDRST=Yes

When FSUIPC7 starts and exits the MCP should flash briefly and display the 'Press "Fly Now"' message. When LINDA restarts the display will reset to display the usual information. The above .ini line will stop the flashing on exit.

You need to Show the FSUIPC7 and ensure that it shows "FSUIPC7: Simulator is available: Connected" and that LINDA is Sync-ed to the Sim. When closing FSUIPC6 you need to Exit the window and the icon in the System Tray. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

That did the trick Andrew, many thanks.

I know this is a beta version, so i will tell you my issues:

It seems that in the Turboprops the VS button doesn't work (didn't try it in airliners), i have to activate the VS button in the cockpit and then i can increase or decrease the VS with the rotation button on the MCP. 

HDG works, but a bit spiky....tends to be reset to zero, Altitude button works but also tends to reset itself to zero when turning the knob.

I have a big issue with my throttle, but i think that is related to FSUIPC7 (Also beta), the throttle gets disconnected now and then and i have to open the AXIS tab in FSUIPC to get it back to work.

In airliners the throttle seems to work on one engine only, the other one is disabled.

I will work more on this.

Regards,

Ben

• Upvote 1

I ckecked at the FSUIPC7 forum, the throttle disconnects is an issue more people have and seems to be related to FSUIPC7.

Not all default functions have been applied to all baseline MSFS2020 aircraft. That will account for some assigned functions not working. For example, the autopilot_master function does not work with the A320. It will take until the Lvars are exposed by Microsoft before we can look at that.

The issue of intermittent operation of the MCP knobs is likely to be because the MCP is now in Information Mods by default. This is indicated by INFO on the display. You need to assign one of the VRi DSPMode functions from the VRInsight library to toggle between Info and autopilot modes.

Axis issues should be addressed to FSUIPC.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks for the info Andrew.

I just tested for more than an hour with LINDA and FSUIPC7, was in contact with John Dowson during testing.

I found out that flying with FSUIPC7 gives me no disconnects of Axis but when i have LINDA active most of the time my throttle disconnects and some times the elevator and ailerons axis too (and no joystick buttons working anymore).

So our conclusion is that these disconnects are in some way related to LINDA.

Hope we can find the cause, if i can be of any help, just let me know.

Regards,

Ben

Edited by Bentree_

Do you have dynamic HID ticked on Setup page?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thank you so much for your help in supporting MSFS.

I am also having the same issues as Bentree_.

I have the MCP1 and the heading spikes and the altitude will jump a thousand feet with one click even when going very slow.

The vs speed knob will do the same.

It is not in info mode by default (but I can place in info mode and the display will show info) but the issues happen in mcp mode.

Again, thank you for all your hard work in trying to get our hardware working with the new sim.

Edited by lancealotg

@lancealotg see my comment about DSPMode 4 posts above.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I think I am in a dsp mode and not info

4 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

The issue of intermittent operation of the MCP knobs is likely to be because the MCP is now in Information Mods by default. This is indicated by INFO on the display. You need to assign one of the VRi DSPMode functions from the VRInsight library to toggle between Info and autopilot modes.

I believe I am in an autopilot mode. There is no "info" on the display and it shows spd, vs, hdg and alt.

I can get into an info mode if I press #7 in the VRI mcp mode toggle but I am not in that mode.

I may be doing something wrong as it has been a few years since I used Linda. I had switched to xplane and now I am back to MSFS.

Also, vertical speed does work correctly, the autopilot is switching back to the selected altitude, I thought it stayed on the vertical speed.

Hdg is still spiking and the altitude jumps around a lot.

Thanks again

Edited by lancealotg

23 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Do you have dynamic HID ticked on Setup page?

Hi Andrew,

Dynamic HID is not ticked.

Regards,

Ben