Sign in to follow this  
Bentree_

Linda for MSFS not working

Dynamic HID ensures that LINDA connects to any joystick devices connecting/reconnecting to the PC. I did report to John Dowson that in a test I did I lost all axes and buttons along with my PlanG map freezing. I had to disconnect FSUIPC7 and then reconnect to get every back working (auto connect needs to be off).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello...

I cannot make it work. I setup everything ok, with com, selecting mpc2 combo boeing and recognized, opened as described, 1. load MSFS, 2. once loaded run Linda, 3. select plane and put in airport with engines running, 4. once in cockpit run FSUIPC7. When I do that the MCP display changes and put MCP-II// boeing type v1.100 select your aircraft and fly now. 

But there is no way to move any knob as in fsx or prepar3d and that the bugs or radios move. There is no information in the display about heading, etc.. (I selected autopilot mode view).

Linda is sync in orange with MSFS Default.. but nothing. I chose the C172 non g1000. Send you the log internally.

Thanks!

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

@Japo32Please follow the Fault Diagnosis procedure (under LINDA support) and email me the logs. NOTE there is a fault in LINDA 4.0.1 which I am investigating.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Ok, sent to the email address provided. Hope I did it right. Thanks!

18 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Dynamic HID ensures that LINDA connects to any joystick devices connecting/reconnecting to the PC. I did report to John Dowson that in a test I did I lost all axes and buttons along with my PlanG map freezing. I had to disconnect FSUIPC7 and then reconnect to get every back working (auto connect needs to be off).

Hi Andrew,

Just flew another test flight with FSUIPC7 connected for one hour, not using LINDA.

No disconnects...so it must be something in LINDA, would you mind investigating further?

Regards,

Ben

Edited by Bentree_

2 hours ago, Bentree_ said:

Hi Andrew,

Just did another test flight with FSUIPC7 connected, not using LINDA.

No disconnects...so it must be something in LINDA, would you mind investigating further?

Regards,

Ben

Ben

I have seen your queries on the FSUIPC site. Please do not say I am not helping you. If users have issues with LINDA please come to me. I will then go to FSUIPC with a considered and consolidated request.

I am monitoring for any disconnects and will advise when I have an answer for you and all LINDA users. I suggest that for the time being that you work without LINDA if you consider it a problem. 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Now is working after a magnificent support via email. The trick was the latest update for linda, and a bug found I think in the steam-xbox(microsoft) version. I can use my VRInsight now!!!! :))) Thanks a lot!

I think I have a similar issue as Japo32, but I have the ver. 1 of the MCP Combo. Strange it seemed to be working a few days ago when I tried it the first time, but today I cannot for the life of me get it to work, even with the new 4.0.2. When I turn on Fault Diagnosis mode there is an error about a nil value though - see https://winternet.no/temp/FSUIPC7.log

Regards,

Allan Jensen

@meandme This issue has already been reported. Please download and install the latest version 4.0.3.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

3 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Ben

I have seen your queries on the FSUIPC site. Please do not say I am not helping you. If users have issues with LINDA please come to me. I will then go to FSUIPC with a considered and consolidated request.

I am monitoring for any disconnects and will advise when I have an answer for you and all LINDA users. I suggest that for the time being that you work without LINDA if you consider it a problem. 

Hi Andrew,

I am not a native English speaker and i always try to carefully choose my words.

This is what i wrote on the FSUIPC forum: >>Can you have a look at that? (Because Andrew from LINDA does not seem to recognize the problem).<<

(With "not recognize the problem" i ment "you don't recall".

So i didn't say that you are not helping me....you always help me (and i thank you for doing so).

I had to bring this problem up on both forums, because at that time it was unclear what program caused it.

I hope we will find a solution.

Thanks again,

Ben

Edited by Bentree_

@Bentree no problem. We will get to an answer. I have had my MSFS running for over 7 hours will no disconnect.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Andrew, 

Thanks, it seems to occur when pressing much on buttons..... somebody on the FSUIPC forum wrote as if it is a kind of "overload" of simconnect.

regards,

Ben

@KL149 thank you for the report and update. I was just about to suggest you download and install LINDA 4.0.3 which was issued to address the error you found.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi All,

I have followed the thread, and I think I have all the suggestions covered; USB power, HID on...

What I get is the "linda loading wait do not touch any buttons " . the VRI screen begins to populate then freezes. I then get the "linda ready" notification. VRI screen stays garbled (though some words can be seen such as FLY). i then get another "linda loading do not touch" as above, but then no second "linda ready". nothing (radio) works of course. MSFS looks fine, and FS7 reports connected, and LINDA screen looks fine.

Kind Regards

Niall