Sign in to follow this  
DRF30q

C152X Realism Mod

C152X Realism Mod:

https://github.com/DRF30q/C152X

Some of the current improvements (not exhaustive):

• Modified stall speeds flap up/flap down in accordance with published information. Aircraft will now stall at a significantly higher speed.
  • Numerous changes to engine performance, now in accordance with Lycoming O-235L2C (115HP, 2700RPM) See note below.
  • Fuel consumption adjusted.
  • Long Range Fuel Tanks 37.5USG total useable. See note below.
  • Fuel Gauges correctly calibrated.
  • Fuel Gauge indications will vary realistically in out of balance flight (depending on quantity of fuel in tank) and also on the ground when the aircraft is not wings level.
  • Flight tested to verify climb, cruise, service ceiling, fuel consumption etc in accordance with published information.
  • Oil Temperature Gauge - gauge calibration and oil temperature modelling adjusted.
  • Oil Pressure Gauge - gauge calibration and oil pressure modelling adjusted.
  • Electrical system - completely remodelled, using documented electrical loads etc.
  • Now models realistic battery discharge/charge and subsequent electrical system behaviour.
  • If battery goes flat, various systems will fail at various voltage levels as the battery discharges.
  • Ammeter - gauge calibration and behaviour.
  • Low voltage light now comes on below ~ 1000 RPM as in real life.
  • OAT thermometer now operates regardless of the position of the master switch.
  • The overhead (Dome) light can now be dimmed by the dimmer knob below the pilot control yoke.

Notes:

• The default aircraft panel has a Tachometer with a 2700RPM redline. As a result I have taken the decision to model the C152 with the corresponding and slightly uprated 115HP engine. (It is essentially the same engine as the 'standard' C152 Lycoming engine with 110HP/2550RPM redline, with a few extra horsepower gained from the additional RPM. The standard performance charts eg cruise power settings etc will still be valid. The extra horsepower means slightly better takeoff and go-around performance and a slightly higher service ceiling. The current version tested in the sim has a service ceiling around 15,500ft.)
  • The default aircraft panel depicted fuel gauges for Long Range Tanks (37.5USG) but the sim data was for Short Range Tanks (24.5USG useable). Again I have taken the decision to model the Long Range Tanks. This now gives the aircraft a nearly 9 hour endurance and a range of up to 670 nm. This makes the aircraft much more capable of long range flights in the sim, and I think much more useful. (Round the world type flight capability. :))
  • I have not tested this Mod in any of the activities, lessons etc that may utilise the default aircraft. I can't guarantee that it will not cause issues in some of these situations. Use at your own risk. 🙂
  • Like 50
  • Upvote 10

👍

Good job! Keep it up!

The community is what makes simming really great. I would just wish that ASOBO could lift the lock on the PREMIUM & PREMIUM DELUXE aircraft.

• Like 6

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Wow, that sounds absolutely incredible!!! Can’t wait to use this!

Any chance you can do this with the analog C172S model? Would love to see accurate electronics modeling and engine start, etc.

Edited by FlyingInACessna
  • Like 3

I would love to do something similar with the analog C172, but unfortunately in my installation most of the files for this aircraft (and some of the others) are encrypted.  I don't know if all versions of the sim are this way?

• Like 2

Hi DRF30q.  Are you a certified pilot and have you flown the 152 in real life?  I just want to make sure the creator of this mod has real life flying experience with the 152.  Or maybe other real life 152 pilots can comment on this mod and verify that it makes the 152 even more realistic to fly.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I have a few hours in the C152 🙂.  Both the 'standard' and variants with Long Range Tanks and uprated engines.

• Like 6

Just now, DRF30q said:

I would love to do something similar with the analog C172, but unfortunately in my installation most of the files for this aircraft (and some of the others) are encrypted.  I don't know if all versions of the sim are this way?

Ah dang that’s too bad. 

Instead of encrypting the files, they need to lock the sim out from being able to use them without a serial key from purchase etc. or idk

Just now, DRF30q said:

I have a few hours in the C152 🙂.  Both the 'standard' and variants with Long Range Tanks and uprated engines.

Thanks.  You should mention that on the Github page.  And maybe other real life 152 pilots can give you more feedback on this project!  I look forward to your project's development because I suspect when I go for my PPL one day, I will be flying a 152 or 172.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Wow, sounds good, and thorough. Thanks for your work and for offering this for free. I'll most certainly be flying your modded plane, as soon as I have MFS running on a new nVidia 3000 rig.

• Like 1

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

Yes, yes.. This is what I'm talking about...  

Everything seems to be in order except.. I can't find this supposed dimmer knob 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Thanks for this! Small issue, seems my Com and Nav radio stack arent lighting up, the Com is working via the ATC menu but cant dial VORs. Anyone else?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, willzah said:

Thanks for this! Small issue, seems my Com and Nav radio stack arent lighting up, the Com is working via the ATC menu but cant dial VORs. Anyone else?

I have the same problem!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI