Sign in to follow this  
DRF30q

C152X Realism Mod

21 minutes ago, Eddrik84 said:

More Pilot then any armchair sim pilots

If you are really a pilot then you can prove it by offering some constructive feedback rather than dismissing someone else’s hard work altogether.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

11 hours ago, Eddrik84 said:

this just made the aircraft more unrealistic. no improvment.

Real C152 pilot.

Curious what unrealistic behavior you derived from flying mode. Would you elaborate ?

By the way arm chair piloting is very good training !

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Don’t you all realize this is the ghost of Eddie Rickenbacker, sent here to chastise your paltry flight model!?

Let’s all bow down to this 20000hr god. 
🤣

• Like 1

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

2 hours ago, Eddrik84 said:

More Pilot then any armchair sim pilots

If you don’t have anything constructive to say and can’t show any appreciation for someone’s hard work that they are giving away for free maybe you should just keep your mouth shut.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Out of curiosity....how do we know that the sim accepted this mod. Do we just fire up one of the 152s? I want to make sure that I'm doing it correctly.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Currently the Mod default registration is VH-....   This should appear on the placard on the panel.

Edited by DRF30q

A very good question and a very clear answer .... but one that sadly means I’ve gone wrong somewhere 😀

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

It is possible to select your own callsign/registration in one of the menus.  I'm not sure if that then overrides the one in the default aircraft data.

The very first indications that the mod has loaded correctly should be on the aircraft selection menu in the sim.  The C152X Mod aircraft has a greater Endurance and Range than the default aircraft.  In the section below the aircraft image: Endurance 9 Hr and Range 690 NM.  (The default aircraft has lower values here for these parameters.) 

Once in the sim, if you yaw the aircraft from side to side with the rudder in flight and the fuel tank gauges move slightly from side to side, then that is another indication the mod is loaded.

Edited by DRF30q
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

At the moment I think the dimming adjustment defaults to full brightness, it takes a little while to get into the bottom end of the range where the dimming effect occurs.  Should see tooltip: 'Decrease glare shield brightness'.  Hopefully if you hold it for a just a bit longer it will eventually dim.

Edited by DRF30q
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, jon b said:

A very good question and a very clear answer .... but one that sadly means I’ve gone wrong somewhere 😀

Looks like if you change the Tailnumber in the ATC menu in the sim it will carry that across and use when you select different aircraft.  This setting will override the default one provided in the aircraft data.  So you probably have it loaded ok.

@DRF30q

Thanks for that.

No ,it was my fault I’d  just dropped the 152x master folder into the community folder. I’ve now taken the 152 folder out of the master and put that into the community folder and sure enough VH-XSR has just loaded up. Thanks again, I’ll just take her up for a spin .

• Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

27 minutes ago, Sticky said:

anybody else can't dim the dome light using the dial below the yoke?  version 12....

It looks as it takes a while to see the change. Just keep lowering it down with the mouse scroll wheel and you'll see its dimming perfectly.

Roi Ben

16 minutes ago, jon b said:

@DRF30q

Thanks for that.

No ,it was my fault I’d  just dropped the 152x master folder into the community folder. I’ve now taken the 152 folder out of the master and put that into the community folder and sure enough VH-XSR has just loaded up. Thanks again, I’ll just take her up for a spin .

No problem, pleased that you got it loaded.