Sign in to follow this  
DRF30q

C152X Realism Mod

Is there any way this could be made into a Separate Plane choice in the menu? I'd rather keep the base game intact so i know which ones are mods, thanks 

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I tried to set it up this way initially, but I had some problems getting both to display and function correctly. When I get a chance I may try to look at it again.  I am currently working on trying to fix some other things with the aircraft.

(My original intention was just to modify the aircraft for my own enjoyment and given the improvement over the default, I was happy with that arrangement.  It was only a few days ago that I decided to share with the community.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DRF30q said:

I think this type of issue is going to occur frequently now as different mods in the Community folder are sometimes not going to play nicely together.  If it is desired to utilise multiple mods simultaneously, some manual editing likely required.  Problem then is that any update to the mod(s) will likely break everything again. 

Hopefully one day a tool will be able to manage and merge mods. I had hoped Asobo would've thought of this when they started out. It's the same for every new simulator: after a few months the mods start coming and we start tweaking until we spend more time out of the sim than in it.

• Like 2

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

11 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

Hopefully one day a tool will be able to manage and merge mods. I had hoped Asobo would've thought of this when they started out. It's the same for every new simulator: after a few months the mods start coming and we start tweaking until we spend more time out of the sim than in it.

Regarding a merging tool for Mods with overlapping functionality etc, nice as it would be, unfortunately at the moment I can't see that it would be feasible.  Even in theory it would likely only work under very narrow circumstances where each of the merged Mods had a strict area where it is allowed to make its modifications, and there is no overlap with any other.  As it is, there is an essentially infinite possibility for each Mod to make alterations to a vast number of things within the sim.  There is nothing to stop conflicting adjustments and no way to automatically reconcile the differences (and of course ensure that each one of the merged Mods still works properly.)

Edited by DRF30q

@DRF30q Hi!

I'm writing just to say thank you! With your modifications this is now the only plane i fly!! Im having a blast with this doing 1 and 2 hour flights everywhere in the caribbean.

do you think it may be possible to add a DME readout somewhere? That's the only thing i'm missing

Juan Ramos

11 minutes ago, xender said:

@DRF30q Hi!

I'm writing just to say thank you! With your modifications this is now the only plane i fly!! Im having a blast with this doing 1 and 2 hour flights everywhere in the caribbean.

do you think it may be possible to add a DME readout somewhere? That's the only thing i'm missing

Hi, Thank you very much for your comments, I am pleased that you are getting some enjoyment from the plane. 

I would also like the possibility of installing DME in the aircraft.  The other day I looked briefly to see if it would be an easy possibility, but unfortunately I did not see any easy solutions, however I will continue to look into it.  I spent a lot of hours today trying to understand and fix some other issues with some of the gauges in the aircraft, unfortunately without much success.  Hopefully the SDK will be updated very soon and will contain the necessary information.

Edited by DRF30q
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, haskell said:

Found the issue! The liveries megapack was causing a conflict. When I removed the C152 folder this mod now works. So, for anyone using the repaints, it could be an issue. 

Thanks Matt for your help troubleshooting.

I had the very same issue last night and found it was related to the same conflict, and came here to post a heads-up for anyone using the 152 liveries from the Megapack. 

An alternate solution was to rename the C152X folder as "z_C152X" which will cause MSF to treat that folder with a higher priority.

I took a quick stab at merging the folders and contents of the aircraft,cfg files but it looks like it's a little more complicated as the layout.json files may need to be merged - just guessing here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Evening, all!  Is this modification appropriate for use with the C152 Aerobat version?   Or is it just correct for the non-aerobat version?

I enjoy flying the 152 Aerobat and Extra 300,   so anything which improves the 152 Aerobat would be spot on.

9 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

Or is it just correct for the non-aerobat version?

The Aerobat is encrypted as it's not in the base game, so modding it will be difficult

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Thanks for the work DRF!! Hope someone does the DA40NG corrections one day!

• Like 1

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Thank you DRF30q.

This is really good. Learnt to fly in the C152 and still occasionally rent one. This is a very plausible representation.

• Like 3

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

Btw. does this mod improved also VOR gauges? In default plane its a bug here. 

OBS doesnt turn the pointer (white pointer on gauge)!

UvFoNajh.jpg

OBS here rotaes only compass but the pointer is on the same position.

When you set up VOR if you touch OBS knob the whole gauge must turn with pointer of VOR (on this gauge, vertical white line). Here not. You can turn 360 degrees of knob (and whole compass of this gauge) and the white indicator on VOR/ILS gauge stay in the same position. The white vertical pointer must travel if you are rotate OBS knob with this small white triangle also (direction of VOR). Pity. 

I didnt test yet this mod. How it works here? It was fixed also?

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2