Sign in to follow this  
DRF30q

C152X Realism Mod

I am in the process of trying to make some improvements to the VOR gauges at the moment (with varying degrees of success).  One of the issues at the moment is the CDI gauges remain active when the corresponding NAV radio is switched off. 

Edited by DRF30q

12 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Btw. does this mode improved also VOR gauges? In default plane its a bug here. 

OBS doesnt turn the pointer (white pointer on gauge)!

If this is what you mean, I don't think the triangular pointer is supposed to move.  The compass ring rotates around with the OBS knob and the pointer remains fixed and indicates the selected radial?

16 minutes ago, DRF30q said:

I am in the process of trying to make some improvements to the VOR gauges at the moment (with varying degrees of success).  Another of the issues at the moment is the CDI gauges remain active when the corresponding NAV radio is switched off. 

Very good news! Thank You! 👍

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

38 minutes ago, DRF30q said:

The compass ring rotates around with the OBS knob and the pointer remains fixed and indicates the selected radial?

Yes, pointer (white vertical line) must rotate too (and triangle also to show that we go to or from VOR).

How OBS moves:

In C152 its impossible to move vertical pointer when VOR is set and you rotates OBS 😞

YXrLsS5l.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

From your original picture, the frequency you have set is 110.50 which I think is an ILS frequency.  https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Instrument_Landing_System_(ILS)_Frequencies

The vertical needle behaves differently when an ILS signal is received.  The vertical needle only moves when the aircraft position changes in relation to the localizer.  With this type of CDI gauge, often the OBS will be set by the pilot to match the inbound course of the ILS, just for reference, but it will make no difference to the needle position. 

If a VOR frequency is selected and in range, moving the OBS knob should move the vertical needle as you indicated. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DRF30q said:

From your original picture, the frequency you have set is 110.50 which I think is an ILS frequency.  https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Instrument_Landing_System_(ILS)_Frequencies

The vertical needle behaves differently when an ILS signal is received.  The vertical needle only moves when the aircraft position changes in relation to the localizer.  With this type of CDI gauge, often the OBS will be set by the pilot to match the inbound course of the ILS, just for reference, but it will make no difference to the needle position. 

If a VOR frequency is selected and in range, moving the OBS knob should move the vertical needle as you indicated. 

For sure, I know what is ILS 🙂, ok, I'll check it again and back here Today (just test with default C152). Thx.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

I think , if I’m understanding correctly, what’s being described is an HSI rather than the more simple fixed card CDI ?

The CDI seems to be represented correctly.

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Yes, you need to stick with the simple VOR CDI head and not the HSI (LOC and GS).

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

3 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Any chance of a simple Autopilot that works.

For now that is unlikely. 

I know it is possible to fit an autopilot to a C152, but I think in reality very few real world aircraft would be so fitted.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DRF30q said:

From your original picture, the frequency you have set is 110.50 which I think is an ILS frequency....

Ok, checked and You have right! It works ok. If OBS rotates the white pointer travel too with triangle.

I probably set the wrong frequency and rushed with the bad opinion. Thx :).

vRcGqnOh.jpg

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

2 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Ok, checked and You have right! It works ok. If OBS rotates the white pointer travel too with triangle.

I probably set the wrong frequency and rushed with the bad opinion. Thx :).

No problem at all.   

I have done a bit of flying already over Poland in the new simulator.  It was very nice to fly over and remember some places that I visited a few years ago.

• Like 2

Another update to the mod has been uploaded to github, now V0.14.

Hopefully no new problems.

Includes completely revised coding for significant aspects of the NAV CDI gauges. 

Changes include:

Unlike the default, the CDIs now respond to:
- User selected On/Off state of corresponding NAV/COM Radio.
- Power state of corresponding NAV/COM Radio.        
- CDI gauge will power off when Avionics Power (Battery Master Switch) switched off.
- CDI gauge will power off when the applicable NAV/COM Radio is turned off using the Volume/Off knob.
- CDI gauge will power off if the battery discharges and the voltage level supplied to the applicable
  NAV/COM radio drops below the minimum required for operation.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Thanks! 💪

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

On 9/8/2020 at 8:35 PM, Gabe777 said:

Any chance of a simple Autopilot that works.

I'd pay for that ! 👍👍👍

You can assign a pseudo autopilot to the C152 by editing the autopilot line in the “systems.cfg”. You then use the assigned keyboard controls to control the autopilot.

I have only used the basics, heading and altitude control. I really enjoy the C152 and doing this (although not realistic) lets me set up a flight and divert my attention to other things.

• Upvote 1

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate