Sign in to follow this  
DRF30q

C152X Realism Mod

Hello, thank you so much for this mod, we need a good C152!!

Is there any way you could add a DME to the avionics panel? It would be awesome using the C152 for that and lots of them have it.

Awesome stuff. THANK YOU! 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

So now the big question to the mod creator DRF30q, is the 152 mod Package 100% ok with the latest patch released today, or should we remove it for now due to possible conflicts?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Hello, pretty neat mod 🙂 Thank you for doing that.

May I ask (and just to say, not sure if this is the case with the defautl aircraft or not) - is anyone else experiencing the throttle moving real slow? I got it set up with the Saitek throttle and when I move the lever, the actual lever in the plane moves really slowly and RPM change lags... That affects my flare kind of a lot. The mixture moves instantly and quickly...

Am I missing something here? 🙂

Again, thanks!

Edited by Thomasso

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

So either I'm an word not allowed or using this new mod, with latest patch.  The avionics are broken?  I've powered the aircraft on and the avionics are dead, granted I'm a newb in the 152 only used it from yesterday but I don't see an avionic switch on the main panel??

Thomas Derbyshire

4 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

So either I'm an word not allowed or using this new mod, with latest patch.  The avionics are broken?  I've powered the aircraft on and the avionics are dead, granted I'm a newb in the 152 only used it from yesterday but I don't see an avionic switch on the main panel??

152s don't have an avionics switch, turn on the battery and the radios on the volume knob and everything should work.

Just now, qwqaholic said:

152s don't have an avionics switch, turn on the battery and the radios on the volume knob and everything should work.

yea thats what happened yesterday pre patch, today the avionics didn't power on with the battery....

Thomas Derbyshire

Same here, avionics worked on initial start and then died. So that’s a NEW bug. 😞

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

to be expected I guess.....the mod will need to be patched.  I removed the mod and the avionics came on as expected.

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

Thanks for the work on this.   I wish you had access to the C172 classic files to do the same there.   

I took the modded 152 out for a night tour of SF last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1wHP1kUDx8

I couldn't figure out how to get instrument lights on (other than full-on dome light ugh) but just as well since the scenery + light low clouds was amazing looking.

Downloading the patch now. Taking a while.  Once I get it up I will see what the implications are for the mod and what needs to be changed.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, sidfadc said:

to be expected I guess.....the mod will need to be patched.  I removed the mod and the avionics came on as expected.

I don't think this is a C152 mod issue. I removed the mod when I updated to be safe. It may be intermittent but many are calling it a bug in the new patch - and it affects more than just the C152. The C172 also apparently has the same dead avionics issues. 

GregH

So, the avionics aren't dead.  You'll notice the switch buttons light up when you turn on the battery.  The issue is, somehow the lights on the radios are now linked to the "Tax Lights" switch.  Turn on your Taxi Lights, and the radio numerals will light up.  I'm assuming somehow they got put on the wrong bus.

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

In looking at the Systems.cfg file, he completely redid the electronics buses (as he stated).  In the process, he put all loads on bus 1 and disabled the Avionics Bus (which was set to bus 2 as were all the avionics and I assume the bus is always on and somehow sets an Avionics_Bus variable to be on).  In doing so, I bet that messed up a check for if the lights on the radios should be turned on, since with the new system the avionics bus is always off.  I'm not sure why turning on the taxi lights works to turn on the navcom lights, must be some other leak in SDK logic that fortuitously set that variable to on.

Another issue is the CDI needles move to home even when the electrical bus is off.  That would be a nice thing to fix, too.  It's an issue both here and by default.

Edited by FlyingsCool

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

I figured it out.  For some reason, I don't know what, the circuit is controlled in an xml file in the panel.cfg directory.  It was set that circuit.34 turned it on, which was a pointer to circuit 2 through the xml file.  In the new file, circuit.34 is the taxi light.  I'll see if I can come up with a workaround.

unfortunately, he commented out the circuit_xml, and it has a power draw on it.  I'm not sure what to set it as it will screw with the calculations he made to set up the whole bus.  Or maybe I can just set it directly to the battery switch.  I'll post back with results.

Here's the fix for the radio lights that don't turn on.

Replace the contents of the file Community\C152X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_C152\panel\panel.xml

with this:

<PlaneHTMLConfig>

<Instrument>
		<Name>C300ADF</Name>
		<Electric>
			<And>
				<Greater>
					<Simvar name="ADF VOLUME:1" unit="Percent"/>
					<Constant>0</Constant>
				</Greater>
				<Simvar name="CIRCUIT ON:2" unit="Boolean"/>
			</And>
		</Electric>
	</Instrument>
	<Instrument>
		<Name>KX155A_1</Name>
		<Electric>
		</Electric>
	</Instrument>
	<Instrument>
		<Name>KX155A_2</Name>
		<Electric>
		</Electric>
	</Instrument>
	<Instrument>
		<Name>HourMeter</Name>
		<Electric>
		</Electric>
	</Instrument>

</PlaneHTMLConfig>

This works for the most part, I might decide to reorganize the electrical section to put the General_circuit as 34 to maintain compatibility with the default plane.  But this works, until somebody tries to use their own panel.cfg to say, remove the Registration number, then they'll be confused why the radios don't turn on unless they know what's going on here.

Edited by FlyingsCool

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg