Sign in to follow this  
dresoccer4

DirectX 12?

2 hours ago, mtaxp said:

You dont seem to understand what im talking about.

You mean because I'm not agreeing with you?  

6 hours ago, mtaxp said:

Put your cockpit in a condition which has no obvious direct lightning from sun, cockpit is way too dark.

I did this, as I explained above. My cockpit was NOT too dark, in fact it looked just about right.  I even gave a possible reason why.  You do understand what I'm saying, right?

Slides, since you upvoted my post, could you try explaining to him what I'm talking about?

Hanhamreds, since you upvoted his post, why don't you explain why he thinks I don't understand.

Because I am very interested at this point.  Thanks.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

57 minutes ago, LHookins said:

You mean because I'm not agreeing with you?  

I did this, as I explained above. My cockpit was NOT too dark, in fact it looked just about right.  I even gave a possible reason why.  You do understand what I'm saying, right?

Slides, since you upvoted my post, could you try explaining to him what I'm talking about?

Hanhamreds, since you upvoted his post, why don't you explain why he thinks I don't understand.

Because I am very interested at this point.  Thanks.

Hook

Without sarcasm or bad feelings, if you don't know what you are talking about no need to push even further in this discussion.

But one last attempt; light rays in reality bounces, creating the overall lightning and exposure, interacts with meshes, creates shadows and reflections.

FACT: MSFS, as most games for now, are limited to screen space, which means interaction data between rays and meshes that are not on your image are lost, resulting in less accurate shadowing, reflections, and overall lightning.

RTX tech is all about simulating the way light bounces on it's way to a mesh.

If current cockpit lightning suits you, i hope you are enjoying it, it looks good as a picture to post. Does not change the fact that it's less accurate to what you would've expect to see in non screen space limited real life.

And changing color settings affects the whole picture in a uniform way, may result in wrong lightning, yet more, even if it looks cool.

Edited by mtaxp
  • Upvote 1

If there isn´t soon for a supposed "new generation game-simulator", DX12, performing 30% better and no CPU bottlenecked, DLSS and Ray Tracing, I will be in hunger strike from now, during 25 minutes.

If I had to venture a guess. we will get DX12 in 2-3 years in a 2.x release.

To many fixes and promised features to implement right now to make that change.

Also a few more years of more GPU's fully supporting DX12 will help.

• Like 2

MSFS, NaviGraph Charts & FMS, Pilot2ATC, FsHub
R5 3600X ,RTX 2060S, 32GB, SSD

1 hour ago, ANCRM114 said:

If I had to venture a guess. we will get DX12 in 2-3 years in a 2.x release.

To many fixes and promised features to implement right now to make that change.

Also a few more years of more GPU's fully supporting DX12 will help.

Yes, I was betting for that too, but who knows, they are a team of a lot of people, as I read. Laminar has only a bunch of programmers, 6 or so, and in not full time they ported from OpenGL to VULKAN in two years in the same version. ASOBO I think maybe 40 or more or less, I do not know, working only in MFS2020 I guess.

And now with the VR and CPU bottlenecked, and without DLSS, and the beast of the news NVIDIAs 30xx for nothing helping and sleeping in "idle" if the CPU cannot do more, it is an obstacle to have not DX12 and the rest implementations and well implemented.

• Upvote 1