Sign in to follow this  
regis9

What am I limited by (CPU/GPU)?

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not everyone agrees, but I have my fps limited via RTSS x/2 scanline sync, which on my 60Hz monitor, delivers a nice steady 30 fps.

I'm certainly going to take this advice. Thanks!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

G-Sync here. Always limited by gpu. 

3090 should answer your prayers. 😀

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Turned on dev mode, turns out I'm GPU limited.  Whodathunkit with a 2080ti!  I guess that's a positive testament to the power of the 10900k cpu.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Ryzen 2600x, 2060S, 32GB

One of my CPU's sits at about 80% however in Performance Monitor when I look at individual threads for MSFS two stick out an near 100% utilization. I'm assuming one is the main thread, not sure what the other is.

Boost clock speed for 1-2 cores IMHO is what I believe the limiting factor is CPU wise. A few things I think will help performance. A CPU with a high boost clock, moving the sim to DX12, and more optimized code.

MSFS, NaviGraph Charts & FMS, Pilot2ATC, FsHub
R5 3600X ,RTX 2060S, 32GB, SSD

I am convince MSFS hates AMD CPU. I tried with an GTX 1660 super and RTX 2080Ti. I can never get full usage of my GPUs. I know it's not my system because every other games I played runs fantastic.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

To get the best from MSFS your ISP connection plays a big part, the fact that MS are working better performance for Windows 10 SSD`s for a update next year, similar to the XBOX software for streaming. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

My GPU is pegged at 100% for most of the time likely because I'm on 4k ultra, very smooth but I do fly in Australia which is not as demanding as some of those monster airports over seas

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

10 hours ago, DJJose said:

3090 should answer your prayers. 😀

Will find out by the end of the month 😉

• Like 1