Sign in to follow this  
Shug

A321 Nav Gauge

Hi,Can someone help me out please?In the A321 I can click on the NAV1 indicator and then click on the knob to change the frequency, however, only the digits after the .xx are changed. I cannot change the 117 to 108 etc. using the mouse. I found it's possible to do so using the keyboard, but I rarely use the keyboard for changing frequencies etc. Is there some trick to using the mouse and changing the NAV frequency?Thanks,Shug

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Has no one else experienced this? Maybe I didn't explain it too clearly.In the virtual cockpit of teh A321, on the centre pedestal there is a panel called the Radio Control Head which contains the different radios, CAM, NAV, ADF. There is also a Tuner Knob. When I select a radio, I can click on the Tuner Knob and change the secondary frequency numbers using the + and - signs, clicking with the mouse.However, I cannot find how to change the Primary frequency numbers with the mouse. I just can't figure it out :-(Can anyone help me, or point me in the right direction as to how to change the Primary Frequency numbers with the mouse?Also, I'm getting blocky textures around the plane. This is on land and over water too. Exactly as I used to see happen in FS9. They extend for a few k's in every direction around the plane and are quite clear rectangles. They move along with the plane, so wherever you go these textures always accompany you. Has anyone else seen this too and were you able to solve it?Thanks,Shug

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Guest SimFan71

Changing the NAV/COM frequencies is a little tricky on the A321 - and it does take some careful mouse placement. Basically the control knob has an inner section that you turn (using +/-) to change the fractional digits, and an outer rim you turn to change the main digit itself. Basically, you need your mouse right on the edge of the control, and then click. Takes a little practice, but not too bad once you know.The bearing/bank-angle knob on the 737 autopilot is similar, and made a little more tricky by it's small size - but it's nice to have the capability to set bank-angle in the autopilot.Hope that helps!

>Changing the NAV/COM frequencies is a little tricky on the>A321 - and it does take some careful mouse placement. >Basically the control knob has an inner section that you turn>(using +/-) to change the fractional digits, and an outer rim>you turn to change the main digit itself. Basically, you need>your mouse right on the edge of the control, and then click. >Takes a little practice, but not too bad once you know.>Thanks for the reply. I can do this easily in the 2D cockpit but not in the virtual cockpit. It appears, in my installation anyway, that the outer rim in the virtual cockpit is not activated i.e. you can't click on it to change the Primary frequency numbers. Perhaps there is some guru here who can tell me how to change a gauge to make it work correctly?Thanks,Shug.

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Guest SimFan71

I see your point regarding the VC version, I just tried for myself and it's the same for me, just seems the outer rim isn't enabled in that view.Hopefully someone does know how to modify that gauge, or knows of a suitable replacement that works correctly since other than that the A321 VC really is nice and everything else seems to work correctly.

>The bearing/bank-angle knob on the 737 autopilot is similar,>and made a little more tricky by it's small size - but it's>nice to have the capability to set bank-angle in the>autopilot.Correct, and the HDG/BANK ANGLE knob no the 738 seems to be divided into upper half (HDG) and lower half (BANK ANGLE) click spots.Cheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

I get the same problem in the virtual cockpit. Same for the transponder knob. Only the inner knob works. No matter where the cursor is hovering, the outer knob does not work.

Anyone not have this problem fort he default a321 in the virtual cockpit?