Sign in to follow this  
calypso

Anyone else fly the Aeroproyecto Ilyushin Il-62M?

Very nice.

It's taken me three days to be able to fly  the Aeroproyecto Ilyushin Il-62M, use the weird autopilot and do a successful ILS approach.

Developed from FS9 for FSX by Edgar Guinart López, who hails from Cuba, and includes some excellent documentation in English on the workings of this beast.

Gracias.

ilyushin.jpg.

• Like 3

John

Hello Calipso,

This may be my first post on this forum, regardless I´ve readed this many times... this is very beautiful flightsim site. The thing is that I always feel gladness when  simmers find my very old models, after so many years! :)

Yes, the AP (an many other things) may be tricky, and maybe with some bugs. I always test my models for months before release (some times for years, making versions), but in my experience is imposible to capture every fails, sadlly. That said, I´m glad if you are enjoying this complex and old machine. I remember one of my last test flight on the last update I released, I flight around the world injust three legs! :) Of course, was a crazy flight with no passengers and landing without fuel reserves, if I recals well :)

I´m sure that you will dominate that bird, with practice. Thanks you!

edgar

• Like 5

Hi Edgar and. welcome to the forum. What a pleasant surprise.

This is a great forum,and community and although I have been a member for 18 years, I don't use it as much as I should.

I fly airliners mostly, and have been a big fan of Project Tupolev over the years, flying the Tu-154, of course as well as the Il-62 and the Tu-134.

These worked very well in FS9  but needed work for FSX. Thankfully PT have produced an excellent FSX version of the Tu-154.

I really like your Il-62M conversion. Very close to the PT original. Must have needed a lot of work.

Well, I think I will do a bit more flying today. I am now fairly confident with the autopilot, but, using the orange trim wheel. I can only get the aircraft to climb.

It will not descend below level flight. I am probably doing something wrong.

All the best

John.

P.S. I used to love the small YAK 42. Do you know if there is a good FSX version available?

Edited by calypso

John

Hi again Calypso,

Sorry the loooong delay, I was so busy and I forgot to set the "replies notify" option, sorry :)

I do not remember well, but I think that the IL62 must be descended by hand. Just the glide (ILS), on approach, will descend it for you :) But I will check in few days to be sure, then I will let you know.

About the yak42: Many years ago few friends of mine did one of these for FS9. I did never fly it, but I can ask about that project, and again I will let you know.

Happy flights!

edgar

Hi again!

Confirmation, yes, you must descend my il62m by hand, then you can use the AP for aprroach and/or landing until decision altitude.

I can´t contact the Yak42 developers until now... I´m still trying.

Happy flights!

Edited by Guinart
typing error