Sign in to follow this  
UKflyer

A320 mod version 0.2.0 released

Fantastic work! Gonna try it out tomorrow. Looking forward to the seatbelt chime. 

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

43 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

I lurked on their Discord channel last night and didn't understand a word I read.

I am literally amazed to learn there are so many simmers who have knowledge of how the Airbus A320 systems work.

Me too I'm a noob at airliners.  I can understand bizjets ok but kudos to these mod guys!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just now, Shack95 said:

Fantastic work! Gonna try it out tomorrow. Looking forward to the seatbelt chime. 

Ha! Who gives a word not allowed about fixes for overpowered engine thrust, exaggerated fuel consumption rates or a new F/CTL ECAM page showing elevator, aileron, and pitch trim movements?
All any simmer wants to replicate is the seat belt sign chime. 😉

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Brilliant work. I am hoping somewhere in the plan is to update the in game checklist so that it works with the new functionality otherwise I am going to struggle to fly the plane. Drawyah does some brilliant videos but he operates the controls very quicky and does assume you know the devices he is talking about. e.g. I think an APU is an auxilary power unit but don't know what it really does - am guessing it powers things when the engines are not fully running.But waht things and where does it get its power - are there cables from the ground crew or is there some sort of generator somewhere in the plane. For me there is definitely needed a video that explains these things a bit more. I am an engineer and can pick things up quite quickly but think I am missing quite a few piences in the jigsaw at the moment to see the big picture.

CJ

i hope the brake gauge doesnt show tow brake pressure.  Toe brakes are green system under normal conditions while the yellow is for alternate and the parking brake.  The tri gauge is only yellow system.

Wow, I love how the community is coming together to make MSFS so much better.  You can feel that this will truly become the flight simulator of the 2020s.

• Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

And it was announced also the official name for this project: FlyByWire A320NX

i9-11900K (5.3 GHz), 64 GB RAM (DDR4 3600), RTX 3070, 1 TB (M.2 SSD). Windows 10 Pro. Installed Sims: MSFS 2020.

42 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

Brilliant work. I am hoping somewhere in the plan is to update the in game checklist so that it works with the new functionality otherwise I am going to struggle to fly the plane. Drawyah does some brilliant videos but he operates the controls very quicky and does assume you know the devices he is talking about. e.g. I think an APU is an auxilary power unit but don't know what it really does - am guessing it powers things when the engines are not fully running.But waht things and where does it get its power - are there cables from the ground crew or is there some sort of generator somewhere in the plane. For me there is definitely needed a video that explains these things a bit more. I am an engineer and can pick things up quite quickly but think I am missing quite a few piences in the jigsaw at the moment to see the big picture.

CJ

The checklists are updated in this new mod 😉

• Like 1

Does this include the fuel fix that you can find as a separate mod? Edit: Nevermind it did in V0.1.1

Edited by UAL4life

59 minutes ago, johnh1984 said:

check out this link for a real life A320 pilot giving tips on flying the MSFS 2020 A320, he does a very nice job in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/user/filanjix/videos

John

Yeah I've been watching his vids for a week now.  Great refresher for concepts I learned on the PMDG 737 for FSX and the old PSS Airbus I had for FS2002/2004 and how to apply them to the MSFS 2020 A320.  I haven't flown any sim stuff in about 4 years until a couple weeks ago so I was really rusty.  That YouTube channel seems to be really good at cutting through the unneeded stuff and giving you what you need to know along with the basics of why without doing a deep dive into the kinds details that would overwhelm newbies who've never used an addon version of these kinds of aircraft.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Definitely updating this tonight.  Been running the dev version for a week or so (updating it a few times) so it will be nice to have the features I've been using in that without the potential bugs (had some weird annunciator messages that were unexpected last night, few days old dev build).

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

1 hour ago, CJ1045 said:

CJ

If you want to learn A 320 systems,check out these CBT's,

• Like 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”