Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Well look at this PMDG

This was just something I wrote up real fast to help some of our users who were having trouble getting FSX running smoothly... it's by no means comprehensive and most of it I got from people like Matt Fox who are actually coming up with these tweaks. Just don't want anyone to think this is something different or "insider" is all.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest JuiceRabbit

That's a really nice looking guide. Thanks for compiling it all under a wiki.

I don't understand part of your wiki there ryan. The part where you say you allow your 7800GTX driver to control the AA and AF. Well, I have just about the same card, and using the driver to set AA and AF has ZERO effect on what I see in FSX. If I don't set AA in FSX, I don't get any AA. Period. Can you explain this?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (91.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

"Their aircraft will kill fsx for sure." Can you please provide us with the empirical data that you have no doubt collected to come to this conclusion? I'm sure we would all appreciate it. You should also copy the data to PMDG as well. Thanks in advance for providing the data. Craig Ryan; although I am familiar with all that you posted thanks for doing it again. Hopefully some folks will use it and start to enjoy FSX.

Guest n1g

I am really skeptical with any complex Aircraft. I purchased Eaglesoft's BeechJet and it brings FSX to it's knees on low settings. Mind you, I have an fx-57 with 2gig ddr and 2 s780gtx's and 2 10k rpm drives in raid(0), and it didnt matter what configuration I put fsx in, it was unflyable. I even had the default.xml file disabled and all off Matts reduced textures except for the autogen ground textures. I left those untouched. When I switch to the Maul, back in the mid 20's with most sliders to the right at ksea. I just dont understand how 1 plane can impact a system that much. Maybe it was a lack of technical expertise with the new sdk I dont know. Anyway it will be interesting to see how well this ones turns out.Bob

Bob, I'm using the Eaglesoft Citation X in FSX and really have no problems with it. While is wasn't designed for FSX I find that it works quite well. Just not sure why I can use the Citation with no problems but your having problems with the Beechjet. Can't believe it's your machine though. Craig AMD64 3500 Venice evga 7900GT PCIe 2G Corsair DDR400 PC3200 200 G sata 80 G ata ASUS A8N Deluxe sli CH Yolk Thrusmaster Rudders Track IR3 w/vector FS Genesis US,Canada, Mexico Terrain Mesh

Guest n1g

Hi CraigI cant believe it either. Not sure but it's in the hanger. Eaglesoft has not offered any explanations for the poor performance. I will have to wait. Maybe they will streamline the code or something.bob