Sign in to follow this  
Jikul

Majestic Dash-8 Q400 to be developed for MSFS

Great news.  I sincerely hope that Microsoft/Asobo are receptive to opening up the SDK and working with Majestic.  It is certainly a top level add-on and could help open up the world of improved flight models [Majestic product actually runs under a separate flight dynamics simulation outside of  P3D/FSX] and turboprop simulation.

Chris

• Like 1

That's not what they said at the link -- they said they are "certainly thinking of adding" an MSFS version, but the SDK isn't complete enough yet to even consider it.  It would appear that, once the SDK is complete, they'll actually make a decision on whether to develop for MSFS or not; it's quite conceivable that the answer at that time may be "no."

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

47 minutes ago, ctalpas said:

I sincerely hope that Microsoft/Asobo are receptive to opening up the SDK and working with Majestic

Agreed and I bet Majestic could really help them with and turboprop modelling portions of the SDK.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

40 minutes ago, JDWalley said:

That's not what they said at the link -- they said they are "certainly thinking of adding" an MSFS version, but the SDK isn't complete enough yet to even consider it.  It would appear that, once the SDK is complete, they'll actually make a decision on whether to develop for MSFS or not; it's quite conceivable that the answer at that time may be "no."

Exactly. There’s a good chance the sdk will never be opened up enough for devs to make anything more than what we have in default or less depending on how much resources Asobo puts into it (versus developing the Xbox version for instance)

This is great news! ❤️

PS: Despite Dave stating that addons are still at least a year out, I've seen an interview with Mathijs Kok from Aerosoft, who said that he hopes their CRJ will still be available this year (although not sure).

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

This news was officially stated a few weeks ago on the Majestic Software forum and the Facebook page. 

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/890/majestic-softwares-plans-for-microsofts-upcoming-flight-simulator-2020#latest

• Upvote 1

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

The MJC Dash 8 was one of the planes I sorely missed jumping over to XP.  Would be great to fly this bird again sometime........

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

Good thing P3dv5 is still installed.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

2 hours ago, UAL4life said:

There’s a good chance the sdk will never be opened up enough for devs to make anything more than what we have in default or less depending on how much resources Asobo puts into it (versus developing the Xbox version for instance)

I really don't understand where all this defetism is coming from.

Both Jörg Neumann and Sebastian Wloch stated repeatedly that they're in this for the long run and they want to turn this into a serious platform and that they strive to work closely with third party developers. That means that they will absolutely give them the tools they need to create sophisticated add-on planes. They are just not there yet because they are early in the development cycle and got pushed to release by Microsoft.

So it will take time.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4

MSFS is the perfect sim for the Dash-8 and one of my favs in P3D.  Really hope they develop it for this one!!!

• Like 2

Chris Camp

2 hours ago, tweekz said:

This is great news! ❤️

PS: Despite Dave stating that addons are still at least a year out, I've seen an interview with Mathijs Kok from Aerosoft, who said that he hopes their CRJ will still be available this year (although not sure).

Prefer to wait for add-ons that function correctly.

Lawrence Hamilton

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own3_378x68.png

3 hours ago, UAL4life said:

Exactly. There’s a good chance the sdk will never be opened up enough for devs to make anything more than what we have in default or less depending on how much resources Asobo puts into it (versus developing the Xbox version for instance)

And you know this how ? Because for what i can see Microsoft/asobo had been more then willing to work things out to make it work for 3rd party devs . Since looks like things where released ahead of time maybe thats  the reason why the SDK as of today September 4 as far as we know is Not fully cooked yet .

Edited by rtodepart
  • Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I hear different statements about the SDK, being either incomplete or Microsoft/Asobo not "opening it up". I was under the assumption that the SDK is just incomplete at this moment and doest include certain APIs but Microsoft is working towards making the SDK available to developers with as much access to the simulator as possible.

6 hours ago, JDWalley said:

I disagree with you on that one. They are running a business so its in their interest to target a platform with a lot of users. MSFS has a lot of users already, so to me it should be stated as "it's quite conceivable that the answer at that time may be "yes."

• Like 1

Juan Ramos