Sign in to follow this  
pilotphilip

Jaggies

I see a lot of jagged lines (jaggies, whatever you want to call them) even with everything set to ultra. I'm running a 1080ti on a 3440x1440 monitor. 

Anyone have this and fix it?

Philip Harris

Have them too, so far only thing I've read that helps is set Sharpening from 1 to 0 in the UserCfg.opt file, and this doesn't get rid of them completely, hopefully a upcoming update will address the "Jaggies" problem

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Philip Harris said:

I see a lot of jagged lines (jaggies, whatever you want to call them) even with everything set to ultra. I'm running a 1080ti on a 3440x1440 monitor. 

Anyone have this and fix it?

I have a 1080Ti running at 2560 x 1440 and 150 scaling, and I don't get any jaggies at all. 

Make sure you have anti-aliasing set to TAA, and then for this to work effectively to stop the jaggies you must have anisotropic filtering set to 16, and texture supersampling set to at least 4x4. 

There are also 6x6 and 8x8 settings for texture supersampling, with each step taking about 1 to 2 frames per second off your performance.  I have 6x6 set and I hold well above 30 frames per second everywhere.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

50 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I have a 1080Ti running at 2560 x 1440 and 150 scaling, and I don't get any jaggies at all. 

Make sure you have anti-aliasing set to TAA, and then for this to work effectively to stop the jaggies you must have anisotropic filtering set to 16, and texture supersampling set to at least 4x4. 

There are also 6x6 and 8x8 settings for texture supersampling, with each step taking about 1 to 2 frames per second off your performance.  I have 6x6 set and I hold well above 30 frames per second everywhere.

What's your performance with render scale so high? My 2080 running in 1080 struggles at 150.

1 hour ago, B787Pilot3222 said:

What's your performance with render scale so high? My 2080 running in 1080 struggles at 150.

Performance is good.  I have it locked at 30 frames per second, and it generally holds this even over cities.  I don't notice many stutters or frame drops.

Most of my other settings are either medium or high though.  Clouds are high for instance, but a lot of the texture settings, water, and trees etc. are set to medium. 

The only difference I notice on ultra settings is frame rate drop 🙂, I don't really notice any quality loss at these settings.  Shadows are turned down to 768 and 256 as well, as these are real frame rate killers when pushed high.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I7-9700k @4.9 on all cores, 1080ti, 32GB RAM, but still see these jaggies at 1080p and 120 rendering. Also can’t run the 747 in JFK without the frames being pretty low. Mix between high and ultra. 

Edited by pvupilot

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot